Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
242 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [10] | 

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Descent 1vs1 Schmoo34 vs Palewind rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Palewind
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadow Rune + LoTW expansion. Schmoo34 vs. Palewind! (Morthai will be moderating card draws)

Overview:






Links to the encounters:


Current Map:




Overlord:
Hand:
Deck:
Discard:

Current Monsters:

Forum Rules:

Bold your orders! Non-bolded orders will be treated as commentary and will be ignored by me. I welcome discussion/tactical planning but I need to differentiate game moves and fluff at first glance.

No modifying orders/inserting stuff in the middle of posts once posted! Follow-ups after the rolls are fine, however, to avoid multiple-posting.

Please reread your posts before submitting. I can stand some typos but give me too many and my eyes start to hurt after a while.

If someone makes an illegal/invalid action (i.e. against the rules of the game), all later orders, rolls etc. become invalid and the game rewinds to that point.

Post "End turn" after your turn, or something similar. Also, the last hero posts "Heroes done". If someone doesn't end their turn, it ends automatically after 2 hours.

Maximum delay is 24 hours. The timer is off on weekends and holidays. This is flexible. If you know you can't make it/have an IRL problem/have a local holiday, PM me. If you know you can't continue playing, let me know so I can find a replacement. This is OK with me, given the commitment this campaign requires. Stalling isn't.

Only actions taken within the last 24 hours can be rewound/interrupted. Exceptions only if you PM me beforehand. I want to avoid unnecessary slowdowns.

Information:

We'll use these codes, paste them as your dice in the GeekRoller:

Blue Attack Die:
1custom6{iid:1311394;iid:1311395;iid:1311396;iid:1311397;iid:1311398;iid:1311399}

Red Power Die:
1custom6{iid:1311403;iid:1311403;iid:1311403;iid:1311404;iid:1311405;iid:1311406}

Yellow Power Die:
1custom6{iid:1311411;iid:1311412;iid:1311413;iid:1311414;iid:1311415;iid:1311416}

Brown Light Armor Die:
1custom6{iid:1311400;iid:1311400;iid:1311401;iid:1311401;iid:1311401;iid:1311402}

Silver Medium Armor Die:
1custom6{iid:1311407;iid:1311407;iid:1311407;iid:1311408;iid:1311409;iid:1311410}

Black Heavy Armor Die:
1custom6{iid:1311390;iid:1311390;iid:1311390;iid:1311391;iid:1311392;iid:1311393}


Melee Dice: Blue and Red
1custom6{iid:1311394;iid:1311395;iid:1311396;iid:1311397;iid:1311398;iid:1311399}
+
1custom6{iid:1311403;iid:1311403;iid:1311403;iid:1311404;iid:1311405;iid:1311406}

Ranged Dice: Blue and Yellow
1custom6{iid:1311394;iid:1311395;iid:1311396;iid:1311397;iid:1311398;iid:1311399}
+
1custom6{iid:1311411;iid:1311412;iid:1311413;iid:1311414;iid:1311415;iid:1311416}

Double Gray Defenses
2custom6{iid:1311407;iid:1311407;iid:1311407;iid:1311408;iid:1311409;iid:1311410}

Grey and Black Defenses OR Skill Checks
1custom6{iid:1311407;iid:1311407;iid:1311407;iid:1311408;iid:1311409;iid:1311410}
+
1custom6{iid:1311390;iid:1311390;iid:1311390;iid:1311391;iid:1311392;iid:1311393}

Healing Dice
2custom6{iid:1311403;iid:1311403;iid:1311403;iid:1311404;iid:1311405;iid:1311406}

PLEASE enter a comment in the roll.

Descriptions:

I am a fluff description, brave heroes. Italicized text will tell you about your surroundings and give you hints on what dangers and rewards award you in the immediate area. But beware, as looks can sometimes be misleading!

This is a game mechanics text. Big Ugly Monster hits Player for 16 damage -3 armor, Player is knocked out. (no, not really)

Normal text is my commentary.

Forum Banners:

Copy and paste. Make sure to remove the X



[Ximg] http://i.imgur.com/LOJ4O.jpg[/img]



[Ximg] http://i.imgur.com/eDqNE.jpg[/IMG]
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
btw who is playing heroes who is playing ol, so i know what i should send whom?

healer draw (4. card is optional):


mage draw (4. card is optional):


scout draw (4. card is optional):


warrior draw (4. card is optional):
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palewind
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be playing Heroes.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palewind
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Who are the 4th selection heroes? I can't find them on any of the spreadsheets I have.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
palewind wrote:
Who are the 4th selection heroes? I can't find them on any of the spreadsheets I have.

they are the mists of zynaga translation heroes, they are not yet added to the spreadsheets and only be optional, you can ignore them if you want to.

Created by Vicent Domingo (Ganondorf)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palewind
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking:

Ashrian or Andera as Disciple.

Master Thorn as Runemaster.

Really struggling to pick a Scout. Leaning towards Wildlander though.

Mordrog/Karnon or even the wild card Maliki. Knight or Berserker
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
my picks would be:
ashirian as disciple
mad carthos as runemaster
grey ker as wildlander/thief (his ability is so broken with rest actions)
malaki the claw as champion/knight

^^ but it is totally up to you.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palewind
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have a spreadsheet with the Champion's abilities?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
note: within 3 spaces includes the champion himself

Worn Greatsword wrote:
Melee, 2 Hands Blue, Red, Surge: +1 wound, before rolling dice you may spend a fatigue to add a surge to the result.


Horn of Valor wrote:
Exhaust this card to give a hero within 3 spaces a valor token


Valor of Heroes wrote:
Whenever you kill a monster using a melee weapon gain 1 valor. All heroes may spend a valor before rolling dice to add 1 wound to their attack result.
Cost: 0 Fatigue.
0XP


Inspiring Presence wrote:
All your attacks with a melee weapon gain: surge: exhaust this card = all heroes within 3 spaces gain 1 valor. All Heroes within 3 spaces may spend a valor to reroll a willpower attribute test.
Cost: 0 Fatigue.
1XP


A living Legend wrote:
Exhaust this card to reduce the amount of wounds you gain from an attack by 1 per valor spend up to a maximum of 3 valor.
Cost: 1 Fatigue.
1XP


Glory of Battle wrote:
Each time you defeat a monster within 3 spaces each hero within 3 spaces gains a valor. All heroes may spend 1 valor on each defense roll to add 1 shield to thier result before the dice are rolled.
Cost: 0 Fatigue.
1XP


Motivating Charge wrote:
Action: Exhaust, move up to your speed, perform an attack with a melee weapon. If you defeat the target of that attack, each hero within 3 spaces may either gain a valor or recover a fatigue.
Cost: 2 Fatigue.
2XP


No Mercy wrote:
After the overlord completes a monster group activation a hero within 3 spaces of you may spend 2 valor and exhaust this card to immediatly perform an attack.
Cost: 0 Fatigue.
2XP


Stoic Resolve wrote:
If a hero within 3 spaces spends a valor, he recovers a fatigue.
Cost: 0 Fatigue.
2XP


For the Cause wrote:
Add 1 brown defence die to your pool (even if exhausted). Exhaust this card if you or an adjacent hero is attacked and spend any amount of valor. For each valor spend add 1 grey defense die to the defense pool of the target of the attack.
Cost: 1 Fatigue.
3XP


Valorous Strike wrote:
Each time you gain a valor you may instead place a damage token on this card. After one of your attacks with a melee weapons deals at least 1 wound (after defense dice), you may exhaust this card to deal X additional damage equal to the number of wound tokens on this card. Remove afterwards all wound tokens from this card.
Cost: 0 Fatigue.
3XP


questions?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Puldon
United States
Miller Place
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Morthai wrote:
my picks would be:
ashirian as disciple
mad carthos as runemaster
grey ker as wildlander/thief (his ability is so broken with rest actions)
malaki the claw as champion/knight

^^ but it is totally up to you.


Grey Ker's ability isnt that broken. I think Adam answered the question regarding his ability and he said that his second action doesn't contain a full turn structure. So I don't think it's as broken as I and probably would hope. =/
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dpuldon wrote:
Morthai wrote:
my picks would be:
ashirian as disciple
mad carthos as runemaster
grey ker as wildlander/thief (his ability is so broken with rest actions)
malaki the claw as champion/knight

^^ but it is totally up to you.


Grey Ker's ability isnt that broken. I think Adam answered the question regarding his ability and he said that his second action doesn't contain a full turn structure. So I don't think it's as broken as I and probably would hope. =/

what? where he wrote that? I thought he recieves a full 2. turn with 1 action.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palewind
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see any answers in the thread over on the rules forum.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/863073/adam-and-justin-sez-t...

I think the wording leads me to believe Grey Ker's turn "ends" so resting would restore his stamina and then his second action would take place in a new turn which he could then use the stamina for?

It does seem a very nice ability and I would probably pick him with Wildlander in that case.

I'll agree with Schmoo before picking him for certain.

The others are going to be:

Ashrian - Disciple
Mad Carthos - Runemaster
Mordrog - Knight
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Puldon
United States
Miller Place
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Here is the post I read: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/11006990#11006990

Someone asked Adam a question and he put the reply there. I am assuming it is official though I don't have any way of knowing.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palewind
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dpuldon wrote:
Here is the post I read: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/11006990#11006990

Someone asked Adam a question and he put the reply there. I am assuming it is official though I don't have any way of knowing.


Interesting, I had not thought about being able to use cards twice. However it still seems to me like he would be able to rest and lose immobilise before taking his second action?

What a can of worms!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
yes i think so, he is one of my favorite scouts.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fike
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
dpuldon wrote:
Here is the post I read: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/11006990#11006990

Someone asked Adam a question and he put the reply there. I am assuming it is official though I don't have any way of knowing.


I never played with that hero before, but it seems straightforward...he can make a move, let another hero do his turn then he can do his 2nd action.

So you can do one action, wait, then come back and do the second.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palewind
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
schmoo34 wrote:
dpuldon wrote:
Here is the post I read: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/11006990#11006990

Someone asked Adam a question and he put the reply there. I am assuming it is official though I don't have any way of knowing.


I never played with that hero before, but it seems straightforward...he can make a move, let another hero do his turn then he can do his 2nd action.

So you can do one action, wait, then come back and do the second.


The way I read it:

His turn starts (apply any start of turn effects/conditions).

Take one action.

His turn ends (using his ability - other take second action immediately.)

The other heroes take their turns.

Hero turns end.

Now Grey Ker takes his second action (attack/move) etc.



The complicated part for me is whether this means he can recover stamina through resting for his second "turn". Whether his exhausted cards return etc.

I think he still has to spend stamina to use those abilities so it wouldn't really be too OP.

If we can agree on how it works, I'll use him otherwise I'll use another Scout with less headaches around their abilities functions
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fike
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
palewind wrote:
schmoo34 wrote:
dpuldon wrote:
Here is the post I read: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/11006990#11006990

Someone asked Adam a question and he put the reply there. I am assuming it is official though I don't have any way of knowing.


I never played with that hero before, but it seems straightforward...he can make a move, let another hero do his turn then he can do his 2nd action.

So you can do one action, wait, then come back and do the second.


The way I read it:

His turn starts (apply any start of turn effects/conditions).

Take one action.

His turn ends (using his ability - other take second action immediately.)

The other heroes take their turns.

Hero turns end.

Now Grey Ker takes his second action (attack/move) etc.



The complicated part for me is whether this means he can recover stamina through resting for his second "turn". Whether his exhausted cards return etc.

I think he still has to spend stamina to use those abilities so it wouldn't really be too OP.

If we can agree on how it works, I'll use him otherwise I'll use another Scout with less headaches around their abilities functions


I think that is all an overcomplication of the rules. He gets two actions, one turn. he just gets to take his second action disjointed. Since there is only one turn, there is only one refresh, etc.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
still there are 2 timepoints where his turn could ends.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palewind
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"If you perform only 1 action on your turn, then later this round you may take a second turn, during which you receive only 1 action. Your second turn must be taken after a hero's turn and before the overlord's turn."

It says you take a second turn so surely the card's would refresh at the start the turn? A rest action restores his stamina at the end of his turn (not action).

Without the clarification on the other post which may/may not be considered "official".

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fike
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
[q="palewind"]"If you perform only 1 action on your turn, then later this round you may take a second turn, during which you receive only 1 action. Your second turn must be taken after a hero's turn and before the overlord's turn."

It says you take a second turn so surely the card's would refresh at the start the turn? A rest action restores his stamina at the end of his turn (not action).

Without the clarification on the other post which may/may not be considered "official".

/q]

I see what you are saying...being able to play cards twice in one turn seems way overpowered to me. I would lean towards that not being the spirit behind the intent of the card.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palewind
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
schmoo34 wrote:
[q="palewind"]"If you perform only 1 action on your turn, then later this round you may take a second turn, during which you receive only 1 action. Your second turn must be taken after a hero's turn and before the overlord's turn."

It says you take a second turn so surely the card's would refresh at the start the turn? A rest action restores his stamina at the end of his turn (not action).

Without the clarification on the other post which may/may not be considered "official".

/q]

I see what you are saying...being able to play cards twice in one turn seems way overpowered to me. I would lean towards that not being the spirit behind the intent of the card.


I think that's fine. It is confusing and I'm not certain how it would affect the balance of the game. Can I get another Scout to pick from please Morthai?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Silhouette
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palewind
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Morthai wrote:
Silhouette


If it's okay with Schmoo I'll use Grey Ker with the understanding he doesn't take two "turns" he can simply take a second action later in the round?#

So no cards refresh and you can't rest + get stamina for your second action.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fike
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
palewind wrote:
Morthai wrote:
Silhouette


If it's okay with Schmoo I'll use Grey Ker with the understanding he doesn't take two "turns" he can simply take a second action later in the round?#

So no cards refresh and you can't rest + get stamina for your second action.


Totally fine with that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [10] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.