Subject: First Run Through rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd W.
United States
Way Out In The Woods
Georgia
flag msg tools
So...my nasty head cold finally relented enough for me to take Police Precinct through my first solo game last night.

Setup to finish came in at around 3 hours- Reading the rules as I set up and then reading the rules constantly while I played. I played two characters- a Police Sergeant in a cruiser and a Police Detective in an unmarked car.

1st impressions- I love the components- the board, the cards, the counters...all were quality and pleasing to look at. The artwork is first rate.

The board is big. If you game on a card table, you will need another table or surface.

My two cops had quite a time juggling what the game throws at you- events, street punks....at one point I had a street riot, a gas leak, and stolen car to deal with.

As beset as my two cops were, I had a blast and only lost (due to the crime rate track) by 2 turns (I kept on playing to catch the murderer anyhow.) Spermwhale Whalen, Roscoe Rules and the rest of the Choirboys would've been proud.

Great first game and I can't wait to play again today with 3 characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good stuff. Seems like the Crime Track is something that has been the culprit in a few games I've either played or seen the reports on. Gotta keep crime/emergencies under control
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Hahma wrote:
Good stuff. Seems like the Crime Track is something that has been the culprit in a few games I've either played or seen the reports on. Gotta keep crime/emergencies under control

I think that comes with experience. The goal is to find the evidence. Everything else is a distraction. But if you ignore the distractions, they hurt you. This is typical in co-ops. Just like Arkham. Focus on getting clues to seal the gates to win. But if you ignore monsters and events, you are doomed too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd W.
United States
Way Out In The Woods
Georgia
flag msg tools
I played the second time through this afternoon. I used the SWAT detective, Captain Odell and Lt. Sears. Pretty early on, I thought I was doomed, but was able to keep the street thugs under control. I captured the murderer when he was in Bad Hood #1 (almost off the board) with the crime track maxed out where only one more move would've lost the game.

It was a squeeker...but I won!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd W.
United States
Way Out In The Woods
Georgia
flag msg tools
Got my butt handed to me in my third game tonight....and it illustrated how quickly fortune can turn against you.

I used the FBI detective, Sgt. Costello, and Capt. Odell. In the early going, I had the board just about cleared of street thugs AND emergencies. I was able to get a early jump on the investigating....and then it all went wrong. Escaped detainees that took way to long to clear and then one urgent emergency after another. I just couldn't clear them fast enough and failing a few of those put the crime track into fail.

At the time of failure, the murderer was on block 2 and I needed two more crime scene cards to make the arrest. Kind of a close game, but boy...the way it fell apart on me made it seem like a real butt kicking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Once again...

Great stories!!!

Thanks for sharing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.