Subject: Just started playing again and excel spreadsheet problmes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ben saylor
United States
Delray Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
Sometimes my players are listed as not available but I see no reason why they aren't available for that match (IE not injured). I cannot find anyone to replace them and am stuck with a lineup issue that I cannot resolve to play my next match. Any advice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've not really used the Excel version so unfortunately I have no advice. Can't remember who made it - check the file section and ask him maybe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimiliano Amato
Italy
Rozzano
Milano
flag msg tools
mb
happyloaf wrote:
Sometimes my players are listed as not available but I see no reason why they aren't available for that match (IE not injured). I cannot find anyone to replace them and am stuck with a lineup issue that I cannot resolve to play my next match. Any advice?

Here I am!

Please zip the excel file in the situation where it is broken and i'll try to check the reason for the problem...

if i can remember the password to open the VBA code that I honestly forgot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Clarke
United Kingdom
Cranleigh
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoping draghetto you can help me out too?

I've downloaded the spreadsheet and tried to play a game.
- I start by clicking "Restart career" and then going through the option questions, and it gives me a roster of 15 apparently random players.
- Then I click "Run preseason" and get my sponsorship and stuff.
- Then it says "We are now in the Pregame part of the week", so I click "Run pregame".
- Then it says "We are now ready to play. Setup your lineup". I'm guessing I then go to the Match tab and choose my formation and then my 11 players using the dropdowns.

BUT, the player names on the dropdowns bear no resemblance to my actual team roster - for example the GKs are always Hernandez and Sprules, irrespective of my actual team.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimiliano Amato
Italy
Rozzano
Milano
flag msg tools
mb
This is really strange as this would should have been spotted before if it was a bug.

Did you buy them or were they assigned as the 15 random players?

Try to check under Tools->Options, Tab Calculation if the automatic calculation is enabled....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Clarke
United Kingdom
Cranleigh
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They're just the random players I get when I click "Restart career", and yes, automatic calculation is enabled.

Any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimiliano Amato
Italy
Rozzano
Milano
flag msg tools
mb
Fixed and new version posted on BGG... waiting for approval

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Pointdexter Harris
msg tools
Hi,

when I restart career-new 16 players are created and then appears this:

Public Sub sortPlayers()
Worksheets("Overview").Select
Range("PlayerTotal").Select
Worksheets("Overview").Calculate
If (Range("PlayerNumber") > 0) Then
Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("F6"), Order1:=xlAscending, Key2:=Range("D6"), Order2:=xlDescending, Key3:=Range("E6"), Order3:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, DataOption1:=xlSortNormal, DataOption2:=xlSortNormal

End If
Worksheets("Overview").Calculate

and program stops-with coloured category DataOption1:=xlSortNormal aas a error .......i do not know anything about VBA or macros so please help me. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.