Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Dockter
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Episode XIII of Guns, Dice, Butter will feature a conversation with Don Greenwood; convention director WBC, Avalon Hill chief of staff, designer/developer of many great wargames (ASL! , 3rd Reich, Breakout Normandy, etc) and consummate gamer.

Hope to post in early Feb 2013.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
REALLY excited for this episode! I've been enjoying the back library and have found them excellent. If someone reads my comment and HASN'T listened to these podcasts you need to do yourself a favor and start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Miner
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How did you find a picture of Greenwood smiling?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Albert
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh. I didn't realize DG did Circus Maximus! That was another gateway drug for me. Really, really looking forward to this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
mbmbmbmbmb
AlbertaClipper wrote:
Huh. I didn't realize DG did Circus Maximus! That was another gateway drug for me. Really, really looking forward to this one.

Don designed games for AH and also developed many. Since there's no separate developer entry on BGG (there should be), he shows up in the design credits for those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dockter
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Will post Episode XIII: Greenwood & Thompson by end of week; just finished getting all the content smashed in to it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Lindsay
United States
Soquel
California
flag msg tools
badge
Totally randomly Braxton...
mbmbmbmbmb
Its hard to contain my excitement! Thanks Herr Dr again for creating such a great buzz for our hobby!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Wynn
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
I love Nintendo as well!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Discovered this podcast in part because Calandale mentioned it in a vid. Checked it out and really enjoyed it (I started with the Jim Dunnigan ep). Can't wait for this one. I am steadily building a list of older games that I want to pick up thanks to this wonderful show...laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dockter
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
BraxtonBragg wrote:
Its hard to contain my excitement! Thanks Herr Dr again for creating such a great buzz for our hobby!

We're just getting started. Need to start the recruitment campaign; the Young Guard must be replenished! Have a bit on that in the wrap up session. Greenwood is great. And Nels has a passionate read on a number of titles as usual.

Sidewynnder wrote:
Discovered this podcast in part because Calandale mentioned it in a vid. Checked it out and really enjoyed it (I started with the Jim Dunnigan ep). Can't wait for this one. I am steadily building a list of older games that I want to pick up thanks to this wonderful show...laugh

Great to hear regarding getting some of the older designs. And, work backwards thru the Guns episodes; some really good characters on the show this last year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Albert
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Herr Dr wrote:
We're just getting started. Need to start the recruitment campaign; the Young Guard must be replenished! Have a bit on that in the wrap up session.

Yes! I think we as a community should talk about this more. (And act on it.) Excellent.

Shouldn't be all that difficult, right? By our very natures we take great pleasure in stories well spun and figuring out ways to outsmart whoever is sitting across from us. If that's not recruitment, I don't know what is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Crosfield
United Kingdom
Gillingham
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to it, keep doing what you are doing please. Great stuff Herr Dr.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dockter
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Published.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.