Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Kadisak
United States
Phoenix
AZ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw this announced in the "Year of Shadowrun" article, but I can't find anything on this game besides this BGG entry on the web. I know it's early to expect much, but I thought there would be at least a mention on the publishers site, the designers blog, or maybe something at Cool Mini or Not (CMON).

Considering CMON's success with using Kickstarter, I am wondering if this will show up on there too? This is one I would not want to miss and will throw more money than I should at it. If this was going to Kickstarter, wouldn't it need to show up on there soon if they are releasing in Fall-Winter as stated in the initial announcement?

If anyone has found a source for some extra details on this game, please share! I love tactical miniature games and have always been a huge fan of Shadowrun. Very excited to see the awesome miniatures CMON will design, I just hope the gameplay will be as good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
There a frequent updates on https://www.facebook.com/#!/shadowrun?fref=ts but they don't contain a lot of information

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kadisak
United States
Phoenix
AZ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hadn't dug through the FB comments before, but I was able to pull out some tiny morsels. It sounds like they just completed the first draft of rules and have been refining stats for the characters and gear.

Thanks for the link. I will be keeping a closer eye on it from now on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Tjarks
United States
Crowley
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking forward to this one. Still cautiously, because I'm not sure what the price point on gangs/single minis are going to be. But I liked Necromunda/Mordheim's constant development of teams. I'm hoping this one has stuff like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Please, please let it be multiplayer. At least have a team-play option with 2 vs 2 or 2 vs 1 (large) gangs duking it out. I can easily see two gangs getting into a fight with a private security force (and even a response team/cops showing up).

Also, regular boards with terrain tiles etc so you dont have to make your own terrain etc on a flat surface. Will be more appealing to casual gamers without the skills and interest in that part of the hobby, ie more SpaceHulk than 40K. Zombicide style-tiles would work fine! Complete-in-a-box, so to speak.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Halloweeners vs Ancients as the included gangs sounds mighty fine, but a Lone Star/Knight Errant response team or some corporate security guards could surely not be wrong to mix in.

Bring on the Kickstarter, CMON/Catalyst! It has been rather quiet on KS for awhile as regards these types of games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Olsen
msg tools
I thought one of the updates said that it was going to be complete in-box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Manasan
Philippines
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It will be complete for two factions. Other factions *may* come in expansions, depending on how well the base game does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Col Kilgore
Finland
flag msg tools
Any news when the KS will start? End of the year or spring? (I have heard both)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Olsen
msg tools
I thought it wasn't going to be a KS. I thought I read that it was going to be a regular retail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Rydin
Sweden
Helsingborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would be very interesting to hear news on this game. If CMON is doing minis for it, has anyone seen them? The 3D-terrain? Any rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Key West
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=13183.0

It's still in playtesting apparently
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Rydin
Sweden
Helsingborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Think it got trashed by Black ICE ..
*sigh*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Col Kilgore
Finland
flag msg tools
Any news about this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Gabriel
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There has been no news on this since October and I'm starting to dye a little bit on the inside. Does anyone know if there is still the intent to release this? I can't seem to find any word one way or the other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Rydin
Sweden
Helsingborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This does not seem to be happening at all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Col Kilgore
Finland
flag msg tools
Dont lose your hope yet!!! But yes, we havent heard anything for months now..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Rydin
Sweden
Helsingborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With Crossfire out, I was really looking forward to hearing something about this during GenCon.
But not a word?! Weird.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Gabriel
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I read or watched something about them having issues with the cost of manufacturing the minis then finding a source. So I have no idea where things sit but as of a month or two ago they are still working on it. I'm hopeful it will still be released but if it is it doesn't seem like it will be anytime soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Rydin
Sweden
Helsingborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ECHO!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.