Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

Fortune and Glory: The Cliffhanger Game» Forums » General

Subject: Expansions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Has anyone heard anything about Flying Frog's upcoming release schedule beyond the expansion for "Conquest of Planet Earth?" There appears to be a vague future LNOE "Blood in the Forest" expansion in the distant works, but no mention of anything for this game or Invasion or Touch of Evil.

I would really love to see Fortune and Glory get an expansion, even if it is just a small one....maybe even cards-only, a big deck of them. We've been playing this game a lot lately and routinely go through the entire cliffhanger deck in one game, so more of those would be awesome.

Love to see a deck that was mostly cliffhanger cards with some hero and villain events, a few city cards, and maybe a bit of gear or common items.

In fact I think Flying Frog should look into smaller, card-only expansions for several of its games, especially this and Touch of Evil.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keegan Fink
United States
Havertown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The next expansion NEEDS thematic adventure/peril decks suited to specific types of terrain/geography. No more "sneaking aboard a submarine" then "attacked in a night club" followed by a brawl with local pigmi natives.

shake
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sly
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
They've confirmed an expansion is in the works, but not much more than that. I think the only fact we might have at this point is the existence of a new character, a big game hunter.

So it's definitely coming, and hopefully this year.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Weihrauch
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lugburz wrote:
The next expansion NEEDS thematic adventure/peril decks suited to specific types of terrain/geography. No more "sneaking aboard a submarine" then "attacked in a night club" followed by a brawl with local pigmi natives.

shake


Totally agree to that! I would also expect a dedicated danger card pile for temple adventures!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Gaskill
United States
Bridgeton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JoystickZ wrote:
Lugburz wrote:
The next expansion NEEDS thematic adventure/peril decks suited to specific types of terrain/geography. No more "sneaking aboard a submarine" then "attacked in a night club" followed by a brawl with local pigmi natives.

shake


Totally agree to that! I would also expect a dedicated danger card pile for temple adventures!


Ditto

OD
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McGuire
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jcb231 wrote:
Has anyone heard anything about Flying Frog's upcoming release schedule beyond the expansion for "Conquest of Planet Earth?" There appears to be a vague future LNOE "Blood in the Forest" expansion in the distant works, but no mention of anything for this game or Invasion or Touch of Evil.


Blood in the Forest has been said to be due out this year.

jcb231 wrote:
I would really love to see Fortune and Glory get an expansion, even if it is just a small one....maybe even cards-only, a big deck of them. We've been playing this game a lot lately and routinely go through the entire cliffhanger deck in one game, so more of those would be awesome.

Love to see a deck that was mostly cliffhanger cards with some hero and villain events, a few city cards, and maybe a bit of gear or common items.


I'm definitely excited by the prospect of expansions for Fortune & Glory and I suspect we'll get some card only expansions, the typical Hero Pack, as well as at least one big boxed expansion for it. Though, we haven't really gotten any of that for Invasion from Outer Space yet and it's been out longer. I wonder if IfOS didn't sell as well as their other games?

jcb231 wrote:
In fact I think Flying Frog should look into smaller, card-only expansions for several of its games, especially this and Touch of Evil.


A Touch of Evil already has 2 card only expansions: The Allies and The Madness, I believe they're called. And Last Night on Earth has Revenge of the Dead, Advanced Abilities, Stock Up, and Zombie Pillage as card only expansions. All only available on Flying Frog's website, though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pike
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorched Earth will be an expansion for IFoS and likely a big box expansion since it uses the points system that Growing Hunger implemented for LNoE, but no word on a release date for Scorched Earth
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ardrikk wrote:


jcb231 wrote:
In fact I think Flying Frog should look into smaller, card-only expansions for several of its games, especially this and Touch of Evil.


A Touch of Evil already has 2 card only expansions: The Allies and The Madness, I believe they're called. And Last Night on Earth has Revenge of the Dead, Advanced Abilities, Stock Up, and Zombie Pillage as card only expansions. All only available on Flying Frog's website, though.


Lol, I didn't mean quite that small! I was thinking more of deck-sized expansions....like 50-100 cards or so in a tuckbox.


As for your Invasion point...yeah, I'm thinking that must not have sold well, which is a huge shame because Flying Frog included pickup elements right there on the board that will now never be explained.....I'm tired of having new players ask what "Magik" or "Fish" mean and me having to say "nothing at all, they never finished that part of the game" and then them looking at me like I'm crazy because who would do that. At the very least they could stick out a tiny card expansion that contained at least an example or two of those pickups so you don't feel like the game is forever unfinished.

Fortune and Glory has a couple odd things like that too, most notably the "location" aspect on allies and the various keyicons on artifacts. Only a couple of those keyicons are used by the game, most are ignored.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes! Bring on an expansion as soon as possible!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Lugburz wrote:
The next expansion NEEDS thematic adventure/peril decks suited to specific types of terrain/geography. No more "sneaking aboard a submarine" then "attacked in a night club" followed by a brawl with local pigmi natives.

shake


Cool, but seems unlikely. I think the most we can expect is maybe a "Sea Enemies" draw pile to draw from in water spaces.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
King_Custard wrote:
Scorched Earth will be an expansion for IFoS and likely a big box expansion since it uses the points system that Growing Hunger implemented for LNoE, but no word on a release date for Scorched Earth


Where did you hear about this? I can't find it anywhere and would LOVE to see more for this game!

Bring on the Magik, the Fish, and some new Martian champions/beasts!

Plus a hero or two wouldn't hurt...maybe a clown? A juggler? A lion tamer? A poodle lady? A Cartwright roustabout?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
JRSly wrote:
They've confirmed an expansion is in the works, but not much more than that. I think the only fact we might have at this point is the existence of a new character, a big game hunter.

So it's definitely coming, and hopefully this year.


Where did you hear this?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sly
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jcb231 wrote:
JRSly wrote:
They've confirmed an expansion is in the works, but not much more than that. I think the only fact we might have at this point is the existence of a new character, a big game hunter.

So it's definitely coming, and hopefully this year.


Where did you hear this?

They've popped up here and dropped a few little teases. And there's some pictures on Facebook from conventions, with the big game hunter character in attendance.

http://www.facebook.com/FFPgames?ref=ts&fref=ts

In fact, just this month they updated their cover photo with a Fortune and Glory image I don't immediately recognize, probably from an expansion.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fritz Mulnar
Germany
Schwanewede
not Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
And the Spider Cult.
there is a cryptic reference in the rulebook credits
goo
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This was posted on the Flying Frog wiki last week:

"We're working hard on some new products that will be officially announced at the GAMA Trade Show in Las Vegas, NV in March 2013. It's too early to provide details, but one product may be the much-anticipated Fortune and Glory Expansion! Watch this page, our Official Flying Frog Website, and follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date on all of the details."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pike
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jcb231 wrote:
King_Custard wrote:
Scorched Earth will be an expansion for IFoS and likely a big box expansion since it uses the points system that Growing Hunger implemented for LNoE, but no word on a release date for Scorched Earth


Where did you hear about this? I can't find it anywhere and would LOVE to see more for this game!

Bring on the Magik, the Fish, and some new Martian champions/beasts!

Plus a hero or two wouldn't hurt...maybe a clown? A juggler? A lion tamer? A poodle lady? A Cartwright roustabout?


The Scorched Earth expansion and the points system it will employ was referenced in the Cloaked Martian Scouts pack. I'm looking forward to a big expansion as well! They generally have new products for sale around the time of GenCon (often announced at GAMA), so I would expect we will see Scorched Earth this August, but I have no solid info on a release date.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Marti
Switzerland
Riedholz
Solothurn
flag msg tools
Super Trooper, I said!
badge
Waaagh
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jcb231 wrote:
JRSly wrote:
They've confirmed an expansion is in the works, but not much more than that. I think the only fact we might have at this point is the existence of a new character, a big game hunter.

So it's definitely coming, and hopefully this year.


Where did you hear this?


http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/9939471#9939471

This came from Jason C. Hill directly back then...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a quote from Jason C. Hill of Flying Frog Productions from another thread dated Jan. 10, 2013...

"we are hard at work on some really exciting new projects for 2013, including Blood in the Forest for Last Night on Earth and an expansion for Fortune and Glory (as well as a few more surprises). We'll have more info on these over the coming months and will be showing off a lot of cool new stuff at the GAMA trade show in Las Vegas this March.

Happy Gaming!

-Jason"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.