Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kristian Čurla
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
designer
mb
There are some things that I am still not sure about.
I am sorry if this has been posted before, I didn't find anything on this.
Here it goes:
Imagine that I have cortez chip and the snitch installed, and the corp has unrezed archer in front of hq. I run hq.
Can I: Expose it with snitch, decide I will not jack out, activate cortez before corp rezes it?
Another scenario: I have a datasucker with 6 counters and a parasite on an archer (what can I do I love archer ) without counters. Behind the archer is a troubleshooter. I run. Can the corp rez and activate trouble before I destroy the archer?

My opinion is yes and yes. Am I wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micheal Keane
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Pictured: Rags Raggerson, successful businesscat
mb
You're correct. As the active player, you have the first opportunity to use paid abilities. Parasite + Datasucker will have trashed Archer before the Corp has the chance to use Troubleshooter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FirstName LastName
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll answer the second question since I think I know. When you say "destroy the archer" I am assuming you mean via wyrm or datasucker or ice carver? If the parasite had 6 virus counters the Archer would be dead without you doingaanything :) So the catch is that the Corp definitely can rez the troubleshooter before you encounter the Archer, meaning that Archer gets bonus strength before you can activate paid abilities during the encounter (wyrm, data sucker) and before constant effects on encountered ice begin (ice carver).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Chan
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Number 1 should be yes. Paid abilities is the first thing on the list after approaching, and, following the format for "when encountered" triggered abilities, snitch should occur right before this step.

Number 2, the corp will have to rez and use troubleshooter before the runner encounters the ice, but after approaching it. The runner no longer has the option to jack out at this point, but the corp has to preemptively spend just as he would under normal circumstances against an icebreaker. You can't reactively use troubleshooter to counter the runner's spending.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Čurla
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
designer
mb
mrthefter wrote:
Number 1 should be yes. Paid abilities is the first thing on the list after approaching, and, following the format for "when encountered" triggered abilities, snitch should occur right before this step.

Number 2, the corp will have to rez and use troubleshooter before the runner encounters the ice, but after approaching it. The runner no longer has the option to jack out at this point, but the corp has to preemptively spend just as he would under normal circumstances against an icebreaker. You can't reactively use troubleshooter to counter the runner's spending.

Reactivity goes beyond saying.
That is pretty much how I saw things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.