Popular Tags: [View All]
A.T. Selvaggio
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was playing a scenario today where the Germans had two MMCs in a building hex. One of the units was GO the other was shaken. The shaken unit had a MG. There was no leader in the hex or even on the board. Two questions:

1. As I read the rules, I believe that the shaken unit cannot drop or swap the MG during the rally phase so that the GO unit can have it. Is that right? So this means that the shaken unit cannot fire it and can't get rid of it unless the unit is eliminated. Let me know if I am right.

2. During this scenario a US unit entered this hex to engage in Melee with the two German units. I immediately eliminated the shaken unit leaving the MG, but I did not add the MGs FP to the remaining German units FP for purposes of calculating odds for melee. Is this right? I assume that during the next Rally Phase the German unit could then pick up the MG and use it assuming it was GO.

Another great adventure with Lock n Load!

Thanks for your help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance Strickland
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes this is correct. Picture it as the shaken squad cowering around the MG but not willing to part with it.

2. You don't eliminate the shaken squad until the melee is settled. If the Germans win it, the shaken squad will live. You are correct that you don't get the MG for the melee.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.T. Selvaggio
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barthheart wrote:
1. Yes this is correct. Picture it as the shaken squad cowering around the MG but not willing to part with it.

2. You don't eliminate the shaken squad until the melee is settled. If the Germans win it, the shaken squad will live. You are correct that you don't get the MG for the melee.

Super. Thanks for the clarifications!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos S. Olivares Pérez
Spain
Vigo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
atsgamer wrote:
1. As I read the rules, I believe that the shaken unit cannot drop or swap the MG during the rally phase so that the GO unit can have it. Is that right? So this means that the shaken unit cannot fire it and can't get rid of it unless the unit is eliminated. Let me know if I am right.

Right. Remember that Shaken units can also dismount tripod MGs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stéphane Tanguay
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Carlos, where did you get this info ?

AFAIK, you can only dismantle tripod weapon in the rally phase, provided you are in good order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stéphane Tanguay
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are right, I did not notice there was a new version of the FAQ. Thanks !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.