Subject: Storage Solution Ideas? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JJ Belyeu
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I have seen lots of pictures of individual boxes/trays/inserts for various pieces. I've seen people ditch the original boxes for tackle boxes, or larger storage solutions, and I applaud them having the courage to throw out that impressive coffin box.

Not for me though. So I am looking for ideas on a storage solution to hit EVERYTHING from ALL the expansions into as few boxes as possible. And when I say boxes, I mean game boxes. I dont mind have plano boxes INSIDE the originals, I just cant bring myself to part with original boxes. Now, I will be keeping RtL and SoB in their own boxes, simply for keeping the campaign components seperate, so that stuff doesnt need to be accounted for. I would like however, a way to fit all the Overlord cards, pieces, monsters, dungeon tiles, tokens, etc. into the base game box.

Ideas?

This would bring my box count down to 4. 2 for the campaigns, 1 for all the Hero supplies, and 1 BIG BOX for all the other stuff. Currently, I cant seem to get the dungeon tiles into the coffin box along with everything else. And I dont have plano boxes for ANYTHING for the OL. These are a must for the monsters, not only to protect, but to keep organized.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
duhtch
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think i have a pretty good set up.WoD box has all normal tiles along with a sandwich bag that holds all the 2x1 & 2x2 pieces, the RtL portal and the red runner locked door. My AoD box contains all the special encounter tiles.

RtL box carries all the rule books along with character sheets i have made and laminated. Another box is for a three ring binder that holds all the treachery cards. Main box holds all the monsters separated from normal and master. Then i have four plano boxes. One box has all the normal dice and everything for the heroes.second box has OL stuff, glyphs, treasure effect tokens etc.third box has obstacles and silver/gold dice. Fourth box is slightly larger that holds all the cards. I keep the OL deck in plastic sleeves.

Put all of that in a huge tub from Target.

I will post pics when i can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's why I keep all my boxes. To keep things organized, I used foam in the expansion boxes and have all the minis there, with one of the boxes holding a lot of miscellaneous stuff. The big box holds 2 plano boxes of bits and 2 custom trays built to hold the tiles.

I detailed it somewhere... here it is: Descent Organization: WART (no SoB yet).

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JJ Belyeu
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
That's why I keep all my boxes. To keep things organized, I used foam in the expansion boxes and have all the minis there, with one of the boxes holding a lot of miscellaneous stuff. The big box holds 2 plano boxes of bits and 2 custom trays built to hold the tiles.

I detailed it somewhere... here it is: Descent Organization: WART (no SoB yet).

-shnar

HOLY COW, thats awesome! I wish I had the patience (and the skill) to make those insert for the base game box. I almost bought those same plastic boxes when I drove my fiance to Hobby Lobby today! Went with some larger ones, but am thinking of going back. All my boxes hold all the minis, and I managed to fit everything into 2 exp boxes plus the base game box.

The base game box doesnt shut all the way (stands about 2 inches taller) but works really well for me. I will post pictures later when its not late, and I'm not drunk zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.