Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dimitri Gia
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After starting one game last week with a friend, ending it before we even started the 3rd row and doing the same thing all over again with my brother, I've noticed that the game becomes quite tedious with 2 players.
If I may elaborate and shed my opinion :
- at a specific point, while trying to complete the first row, there will be one creature that will have no card layed down. Over to the other player : he's thinking : hey, why not increase one of my creatures that's in a weak position? Over to player 1 again : hmmm, player 2 has increased his creature, let's decrease his creature again (or increase one of his own creatures). And so on, and so on...

It's hard to explain but it felt like we were in a loop : both stuck in a action - reaction cycle (in one increases, the other would decrease a value). It's true that the special power of the ettin can be used to quickly place a 2nd card down but still... As soon as a supporter is played down, you're stuck with its special power.

Hoping to hear some feedback on this :-)
/echda

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Wills
Australia
Panania
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I certainly won't play the game 2 player. 3 or 4 players is the sweet spot for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eager
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
DBA Junkie
badge
"A Book should serve as the Ax for the frozen sea within us."-- KAFKA
mbmbmbmbmb
goo Can't imagine playing Colossal with fewer than four players. For a good two-player experience by Knizia, I recommend Samurai and Through the Desert. goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitri Gia
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys / nice to hear some confirmations.
Through the Desert is indeed great for two players and Samurai is something that I've put in my wishlist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.