Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
(This has probably been suggested before; I didn't look.)

It might be nice if, when logging games played, you could optionally log how many hours you spent playing. Some interesting things about that would be:

- in addition to cost-per-play, you could more easily calculate cost-per-hour-of-fun (and simply multiply your rating for the game by the hours you've spent playing it to figure out the Total Fun Output you've gotten from the game, ha ha ha)

- playing time could be more accurately calculated--the box says it takes 2 hours, but the logged plays average 3 hours? etc.

- you'd be able to see which games you've spent the most time playing, how much time you've spent gaming during the month, etc.

- when you don't play a complete game, you could still log the fact that you spent some time goofing with it (e.g. on Christmas, I played half a game of Bonaparte at Marengo with my brother, and one turn of Axis & Allies with my nephew--it doesn't seem right to log those as games played)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
kuhrusty wrote:
It might be nice if, when logging games played, you could optionally log how many hours you spent playing. Some interesting things about that would be:

While such a feature wouldn't be attractive to me (I'm merely interested in what I played, not who won, how long it took, who I played with etc), the obvious extension set of the current games played feature is:

- Number of players
- Your ranking at the end of the game
- Play time

With the second extension being the ability to log plays for other 'geek users by listing them among the opponents you played against. In this way, for instance, one tourney administrator could update the games played entries for all participants in one shot.

Yes, this could be abused. Use of a flag or a recipient confirmation could distinguish such third party games-played entries from first party.

Eventually this could be folded in as a contiuous feature aspect of Session reports (SRs would be the comment/report structure), thus allowing multiple people to file reports against a single play and have them properly collated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.