The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Noldor rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Hawk
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
How effective have the Noldor decks been in the current game environment? I am in the process of planning a Noldor deck using the leadership and tactics brothers along with the 5 threat Glorfindel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Riehl
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In short, not very. The brothers aren't bad, and there's a few good Noldor attachments, but nothing powerful enough to be make a whole deck. Right now, Dwarf eclipses all other traits and is the only thing worth building an entire deck around, let alone more than one. Everything else is more of a sub-theme.

That said, there's nothing wrong with your hero line-up, if you don't mind playing 3 spheres. Arwen is great with Elrohir, but she's the only decent Noldor ally in your spheres. The Rivendell attachments are also decent, and Light of Valinor and Elrond's Council are both excellent, but after that you're kind out of theme.

Envoy of Pelargir will be useful to you, I think, for fixing your spheres - it allows you to play Arwen on turn 1, for example.

Although I understand the thematic reasons for separating Noldor and Silvan, I kidna wish they'd just gone with an Elvish trait (maybe both Elvish and the more specific) so that Elvish decks were more viable. If, for example, Silvan Tracker healed your Noldor characters you'd be looking at a decent start to an Elf deck with Elrond.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hawk
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
This is what I was able to come up with. I am not sure if it is any good or not.

HEROES (Threat 25)

Elladan

Elrohir

Glorfindel (Spirit)

ALLIES (17)

2 x Erostor

3 x Gandalf

3 x Vassal of the Windlord

3 x Winged Guardian

3 x Arwen Undomiel

3 x Imladris Stargazer

Attachments (18)

3 x Rivendell Bow

3 x Unexpected Courage

3 x Dunedain Warning

3 x Duedain Mark

3 x Rivendell Blade

3 x Steward of Gondor

EVENTS (15)

3 x Elrond's Counsel

3 x Hasty Stroke

3 x A Test of Will

3 x Light of Valinor

3 x Will of the West

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.