Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Potter
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Hello all, first post

While playing cooperative versus the Nazis, I went to sell an artifact in Berlin. This got my group joking about the Nazis stealing it from me. Aha! New potential house rule - Home Cities.

Each Vile Organization has an assigned home city - Nazis (Berlin), the Mob (Chicago). When selling an artifact in an organization's home city, you get a +2 Fortune bonus. The snag is that on a 1d6 roll result of 4-6, the artifact ends up in the possession of the vile organization. This moves the villain track 2 steps as normal, but the artifact is subsequently discarded, so there's no chance of the heroes recovering it.

There are undoubtedly some other ideas that could be rolled in with the idea of home cities, but we wanted to keep it simple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Baker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I house rule that Berlin is 'occupied' at the start of the game with a soldier occupying Western Europe (in order to make it more difficult to 'liberate' Berlin), regardless if playing against the mob or nazis.

It works well for what I am trying to accomplish and does not seem to tip the balance whatsoever, which is always nice when house ruling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Potter
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Sounds good to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Powell
Australia
Wangaratta
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DBoonsGhost wrote:
I house rule that Berlin is 'occupied' at the start of the game with a soldier occupying Western Europe (in order to make it more difficult to 'liberate' Berlin), regardless if playing against the mob or nazis.

It works well for what I am trying to accomplish and does not seem to tip the balance whatsoever, which is always nice when house ruling.

I do a similar thing, but I don't put a soldier in W Europe and instead rule that the players cannot liberate Berlin,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon cogan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In our games, more often than not, the Villains win.

The game is also very much a race and you can't explore much more of the game's different elements because of the pace..In our games, the pace at which a Villain retrieves one is a killer!

I like the idea of a Home City for the Vile Organisation.

What if, as well, rather than just appearing at the Adventure, the Villains have to move from their Home City using a D6 roll (just like Heroes) when they go to get an Artefact?

In addition, if a Villain retrives an Artefact, they don't get the Villain track moving forward until they return it to their Home City - again by rolling 1D6 for movement?

This would mean that a Hero has the opportunity to steal it back by KO'ing the Villain on the way back to the Home City?

It might make the last few turns a bit more exciting with a race rather than just 'oh, they win' scenario.

It might mean adding an extra Villain to balance the game though?

Alternatively, rather than a Home City, a Villain just needs to get it to the nearest Outpost?

Also, when a Villain returns to an Outpost they fully Heal?

Thoughts??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.