Michael Iachini
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
In working on my current "worker movement" game, Alchemy Bazaar, I'm a bit stuck on a good way to graphically represent accumulation.

Here's how it works: Most tiles simply give you something when you use them, and the "something" is represented by symbols (such as a red diamond for the "gem" resource). As an example, one basic tile gives you two gems from the supply when you use it, and it has two red diamonds on it to show this.

Another tile is an accumulation tile, similar to those found in Lords of Waterdeep. This tile gives you one gem from the supply when you use it, plus whatever gems are on the tile itself. At the beginning of each round, a gem is added to the tile.

What would be a good symbolic way to show this? Basically, I need a visual to demonstrate two things:
- When you use this tile, take one gem from the supply plus whatever gems are on this card (which might be zero)
- At the beginning of each round, put a gem on this tile

Any suggestions? Are there other games that do a good job of showing this sort of thing symbolically?

Thanks!

-Michael Iachini
Clay Crucible Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Schulman
Brazil
Belo Horizonte
Minas Gerais
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsup1db: take one gem from the supply
thumbsup1db+X: take one gem from the supply + any gem on this card

read thumbsup as little hand and 1db as gem

for the accumulation stuff I'd put a little gem on a corner of the tile and create a upkeep phase saying: put a gem on every tile with a little gem icon on [insert right corner here]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Villareal
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Have the "Activated" resource on each tile be outlined in a thick line of color (say, yellow).

on a tile that gives you a single gem, imagine a red gem, outlined in yellow

on a tile that accrues gems, have a small "Each Turn" + Gem Icon(not in yellow) in the center of the tile, with a bunch of space around it and then a thick yellow line, to indicate you take all in that space
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.