Zombicide» Forums » General

Subject: Zombivor what the?! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Allan Jørgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
From what I understand the Toxic City Mall include rules for using zombie versions of the survivors..
This is no news but due to the latest TCM cover art release it appeers as if these zombivors remain on the survivor team.
and compared to the comments on the picture, the GG staff confirms that players can start the game as a zombivor.

Well does anyone have any thoughts or ideas about what is going on?!

Why would the zombivors not eat the other survivors?

Isn't the point of turning into a zombie a bit lost if it doesn't turn you against your former friends?

Well as everyone else, I am now really excited and a bit sceptical too find out more about the TCM...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I imagine they're in that halfway-zombified state where they're turning but still have a memory of their human life. Though I'm not sure if you'll start the game as a zombivor, likely for players that get turned. I don't see anywhere in the comments on that pic where GG even commented, let alone confirmed that you could start the game as a zombivor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping that if you get bitten, you turn, and then you can try to stop the survivors. That would make some good fun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tlee33 wrote:
I'm hoping that if you get bitten, you turn, and then you can try to stop the survivors. That would make some good fun

The one and only way to use the zombivors!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Jørgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My thoughts exactly..

Zombivors are enemies not friends... right?

Well a guy on the FB group asked if you could use the zombirvor version of el cholo even if you didn't had the survivor version of him.
GG said yes.. So maybe my conclussion is wrong on that part.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure the El Cholo Zombivor will only be shipped to the backers of the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Jørgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The comment is from the Josh zombivor picture.. and NOT the TCM as I first wrote.

Never mind if its Cholo.. The point remains the same..

That zombivors can be played even if you do not own the survivor thats turning. Soo therefore I concluded that this means players can start the game as a zombivor, otherwise you would need the survivor version. However this conclusion might not be right...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex de Burgh
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe you can start as a Zombivor to play against everyone else zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, an optional PvP variation would definitely add to the playability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombie versions of characters have been known since the original Kickstarter. I imagine there will be different scenarios for whether you start with a regular survivor or a Zombivor and others with them getting bitten then turning. But GG have confirmed that you can start missions as Zombivors. Think of all the cool bits in zombie films and shows where somebody takes a while to turn (particularly The Walking Dead computer game which was ace), I think it opens up lots of cool possibilities.

Shoogoo wrote:
Pretty sure the El Cholo Zombivor will only be shipped to the backers of the base game.

It will be. The question was just asked using El Cholo as an example, could have just as easily been Doug, Wanda etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Garcia Smith
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
According to GG site the zombie plague is due to a disease... I believe the Zombivor status is an in-between status and the hero is a zombie but with still brain functionality...

As other rules in Zombicide I don't follow, I will simply house rule this one in case I am not satisfied. Not a big deal.

This is the beauty of Zombicide...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Meakings
United Kingdom
Crawley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
5th May 2018
badge
Guh?
mbmbmbmbmb
The Standalone Expansion kickstarter is meant to be up within the next 14 days so I think we will find out soon enough
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claude Galarneau
Canada
Trois-Rivieres
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Where do you get the information about the timeline for the next kickstartet? I hope it's true!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Meakings
United Kingdom
Crawley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
5th May 2018
badge
Guh?
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw this on another site -

Quote:
If you listen to the latest (and first) Games & Gears podcast, there's an announcement that the new stand-alone expansion for Zombicide will be up on Kickstarter during either the last week in January or the first week in February

It's coming with two boards: a mall and a prison

Announcement is at 1hr 23 minutes

Here is the link to the Podcast -

http://gamesngears.libsyn.com/

It's part of the Sedition Wars and Cool Mini section.

I wasn't expecting the expansion to be on Kickstarter but turns out that it's a standalone expansion so going to be much bigger then I was anticipating (and with 2 tile sets, presumably one type on each side). The Kickstarter release is making me doubt as to whether I should back Rivet Wars or not as it's looking to be an expensive month!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Percy Montblanc
France
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, here Percy from Guillotine Games.

There will not be any Kickstarter campaign in the next 14 days. I can assure you this with no hesitation.

The info contained in the podcast you are referring are wrong and we informed the podcaster.

The expansion Toxic City Mall is not a standalone game.

All the official info on our games are given through our website and our facebook page.

At the right moment and time we will upload the rules and we will inform you when to prepare yourself for the launch of our expansion.

I am sorry for the confusion, but please rely only on our official sources

Regards and many thanks

Percy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
guillotinegames wrote:

There will not be any Kickstarter campaign in the next 14 days. I can assure you this with no hesitation.

The info contained in the podcast you are referring are wrong and we informed the podcaster.

All the official info on our games are given through our website and our facebook page.

At the right moment and time we will upload the rules and we will inform you when to prepare yourself for the launch of our expansion.

Regards and many thanks

Percy

Thanks Percy! It's nice to have a response regarding the podcast as some info was slightly conflicting with what you had posted on your FB page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claude Galarneau
Canada
Trois-Rivieres
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We may get enough stretch goal for it too look like a standalone game!! Thank you for the answers Cory and Percy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Meakings
United Kingdom
Crawley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
5th May 2018
badge
Guh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry Percy. As the information was provided by Coolmini I thought it was correct. I will continue to keep an eye on the website and Facebook as always

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amyrin wrote:
guillotinegames wrote:

Regards and many thanks

Percy

Thanks Percy! It's nice to have a response regarding the podcast as some info was slightly conflicting with what you had posted on your FB page.

Indeed.

Thank you, Percy, for clearing things up a little.

May I also take this opportunity to say that I felt the Kickstarter campaign for the base game was extremely well run, I felt the pledge levels, add-ons, and overall costs were all pitched at exactly the right level, and I think it is no coincidence that Zombicide has, thus far, had the highest number of backers of all CMON's Kickstarters to date.

Therefore, if there is to be a Kickstarter campaign for the expansion(s), I hope it would be run more like the base game campaign than some campaigns for more recent games from a variety of designers and publishers have been run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Percy Montblanc
France
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Gavin,

no need to apologize. Our friends at CMON made some confusion. It could happen, not a big deal .

thanks percy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...so WILL the expansion be on KS? Or will it be sold in (online-) shops?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
magneheeli wrote:

Probably both. I don't know of any games that are only KS. They are usually funded on KS and then become available at retail but you get it for cheaper if you help fund the project plus usually some exclusives.

Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Therefore, if there is to be a Kickstarter campaign for the expansion(s), I hope it would be run more like the base game campaign than some campaigns for more recent games from a variety of designers and publishers have been run.

Yes, this. Please ensure that this KS is run like the one for the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Jørgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
magneheeli wrote:

According to the Zombcide FB page. the official feedback is: "Very likely". Although it isn't decided yet..

But ehm..

Back before christmas, I believe it was, GG on the FB page promissed some kind of news release by the end of january... Well were pretty close to that now. Should we expect something soon or might the picture and zombivor news be the expected news from TCM?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Indeed.

Thank you, Percy, for clearing things up a little.

May I also take this opportunity to say that I felt the Kickstarter campaign for the base game was extremely well run, I felt the pledge levels, add-ons, and overall costs were all pitched at exactly the right level, and I think it is no coincidence that Zombicide has, thus far, had the highest number of backers of all CMON's Kickstarters to date.

This. A thousand times this. Percy, this post right there explains why Zombicide had the most backers on any CMON KS campaigns. I can't stress this enough; regarding the kickstarters they've made, there is Zombicide on one side, and the rest on the other side. Zombicide's campaign was just so thrilling, with goals attainable, with an obvious will to offer bonuses to people who decided to invest in it, at the right time, on the right amount. Truly an amazing experience we spent from behind our computer screens. I hope the next Zombicide campaign goes back to that, instead of following the (soon-to-be) unfamous scheme that CMON is adopting as of late.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
magneheeli wrote:

Probably both. I don't know of any games that are only KS. They are usually funded on KS and then become available at retail but you get it for cheaper if you help fund the project plus usually some exclusives.

Yeah, sure, I thought that was clear...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.