United States
Peterborough
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
chigameguy
mbmbmbmbmb
Have a set, will provide some command card updates tonight. Owlbear is l4 str con 100 hp 30 dmg no abilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, is it a [Beast, Owl, Bear], at Speed 6 ?

ps. Think you mean Order cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Scheidler
United States
Peterborough
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
chigameguy
mbmbmbmbmb
Beast type only. And yes, order cards.

Commanders:
One lets you deploy a starting orc creature on a treasure space.
Other lets you ignore difficult terrain movement penalty

Some amazing cards:
Overseer's whip- wis3, attach, all your creatures get +2 speed
Bone chilling cry- str3, lose 1 morale, gain 2 leadership
Hurl rock- str1, deal melee damage to one creature within 5 squares (presumably ignores cover?)
Furious bellow- con3, minor, tap each enemy creature adjacent to this creature and slide each of those creatures 2 squares!!
Fury of gruumsh- any1, minor, attach, melee +20, take 20 at the end of each activation!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nut
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Thanks Nate! Can you give us the stats of the commanders (hand sizes/morale/leadership)? I'm also looking forward to hearing about more Order cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Scheidler
United States
Peterborough
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
chigameguy
mbmbmbmbmb
Will upload photos tomorrow afternoon/evening.... Short on time and easier to do on my home laptop. Lots of nice order cards that boost strength's viability, and we now understand that the core characteristic of wisdom is to boost/buff. There is another wis 3 attachment that gives +10 melee to all beasts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Scheidler
United States
Peterborough
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
chigameguy
mbmbmbmbmb
Photos of commanders, tiles and order cards uploaded, pending moderator approval.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Scheidler
United States
Peterborough
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
chigameguy
mbmbmbmbmb
Right now, I'd say without a doubt that Overseer's Whip is the card of the set. Stacks with itself, Playable on all current WIS pieces, and potentially huge in an adventurer band (which suffers greatly from slow speed... a sprinting Dragon Knight is the stuff of nightmares).

After that, Furious Bellow... Mass Tap and slide as a minor action, setting up multiple devastating attacks that your opponent can't prevent the damage from.

Hurl Rock delivers the greatest potential ranged punch in the game, especially if you're stacking damage enhancements.

Fury of Gruumsh makes all your beaters terrifying, especially if you can increase their number of attacks. Its a risky play, but it makes your 80hp L4+ monster investments start paying out hefty dividends if you play it at the right time...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Nate!

I really like how each faction not only adds creatures and order cards but also terrain that offers different strategical and tactical possibilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Scheidler
United States
Peterborough
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
chigameguy
mbmbmbmbmb
Another card of note: Unexpected Resistance. Enough damage reduction to keep your creature barely hanging on, and you directly assault enemy morale in return. The best damage mitigation card IMO, because it pushes you further towards victory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nut
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Thanks again! I'm really excited to get my hands on this set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Scheidler
United States
Peterborough
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
chigameguy
mbmbmbmbmb
We definitely see potential for a "beasts" deck too. Wolves, Owlbears and Boars backed by clerics and druids stacking +damage +movement and the commander that lets you ignore difficult terrain. A couple Hurl Rocks provide your ranged support. The clerics are unfortunately a little vulnerable here, and cards/effects that let you get your pieces behind enemy lines easily (ie. Stealth, Secret Door) are a big threat.

Fury of Gruumsh on a Vampire Stalker = go to town. 50 damage hits with auto-heal.

Hurl Rock on an Ogre with Fury of Gruumsh = 70 damage ranged attack. Splat.

I'm also a fan of the -1 Morale +2 Leadership card... risky, but you can at least replenish morale with treasure and some orders... Leadership is harder to grow.

The card I'm waiting for: "Tap Out"... remove an existing creature from the board, immediately deploy a new creature.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nut
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
950Rav wrote:
We definitely see potential for a "beasts" deck too. Wolves, Owlbears and Boars backed by clerics and druids stacking +damage +movement and the commander that lets you ignore difficult terrain. A couple Hurl Rocks provide your ranged support. The clerics are unfortunately a little vulnerable here, and cards/effects that let you get your pieces behind enemy lines easily (ie. Stealth, Secret Door) are a big threat.

Yeah, not to mention the Spiders and all the other Beasts in the older sets. I think there are actually several potentially viable Beast decks now.

Quote:
Fury of Gruumsh on a Vampire Stalker = go to town. 50 damage hits with auto-heal.

Err, no, it requires Orc.

Quote:
Hurl Rock on an Ogre with Fury of Gruumsh = 70 damage ranged attack. Splat.

Is the Ogre an Orc?

Quote:
I'm also a fan of the -1 Morale +2 Leadership card... risky, but you can at least replenish morale with treasure and some orders... Leadership is harder to grow.

Yeah this is a really interesting card.

Quote:
The card I'm waiting for: "Tap Out"... remove an existing creature from the board, immediately deploy a new creature.

I'm waiting for the Immediate that lets you move a square. (the perfect answer to Magic Short Sword!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Scheidler
United States
Peterborough
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
chigameguy
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Quote:

Err, no, it requires Orc.

Aw dang, I totally missed that. Guess it makes that L5 Cleric of Gruumsh a little more interesting then.

And Wereboar is a Beast AND an Orc.... oi.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I think the card that made me sit up and take notice the most is Cure Serious Wounds. I sort of loved Dwarf Cleric already in warbands that include CON guys, this should be good in turtling Adventurers builds, possibly in Undead as well, and certainly in bands that try to leverage a large bruiser with good defensive abilities, like Feral Troll or Vampire Stalker.

And of course I expect it's stellar in Orcs or Beasts builds that rely on Orc Druid or Cleric of Gruumsh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Style
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question about Dungeon Command at Winter Fantasy... Was there anything from WotC to suggest there will be more DC sets after Blood of Gruumsh? So far we havn't heard a thing and there's a lot of speculation on the WotC forums that WotC is going to abandon the line. Any news you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Scheidler
United States
Peterborough
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
chigameguy
mbmbmbmbmb
Style75 wrote:
Question about Dungeon Command at Winter Fantasy... Was there anything from WotC to suggest there will be more DC sets after Blood of Gruumsh? So far we havn't heard a thing and there's a lot of speculation on the WotC forums that WotC is going to abandon the line. Any news you have would be greatly appreciated.

No news, it wasn't a featured title.

It has been critically well received, but the lack of organized play support hurts its growth and it certainly could go the way of DreamBlade. I think that's all too soon to call though. The product has had an aggressive release cycle to help it hit a mature point rapidly, and I think BoG really helps open it up. So I'll agree we're all antsy about what we haven't heard... but I don't think there is cause for concern yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.