Nathaniel Baker
United States
Circle Pines
MN
flag msg tools
badge
Hnaarr oorrawarr!
mbmbmbmbmb
We have new stretch goals every 5k up until 335k (awesome new goals by the way), plus this sneak peak:

CMoN has said there will be other stretch goals before this one, but thought we'd appreciate seeing our first air unit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really excited for this! But really impatient to hit the $400k now so we can see what weird and wonderful creations come afterwards!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now if only it will keep climbing instead of dropping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Baker
United States
Circle Pines
MN
flag msg tools
badge
Hnaarr oorrawarr!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ropya, I'm unsure as to which pledges you were looking at, but we've grown 7k since the announcement...with a nice group of new pledgers...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
knatebaker wrote:
Ropya, I'm unsure as to which pledges you were looking at,

but we've grown 7k since the announcement...with a nice group of new pledgers...

Pledges were net -5 backer / -$125 pledged earlier today.

CMoN did their weekly mass-mail announcement, so some people who didn't see earlier jumped over today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Swan
Ireland
Dublin 18
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok.i am convinced I will pledge and grab a copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Baker
United States
Circle Pines
MN
flag msg tools
badge
Hnaarr oorrawarr!
mbmbmbmbmb
Weolcome to the fight Nigel! I'm extremely excited to see what comes between our current stretch goals and the Baron, and especially what comes after the Baron.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
binary sunrise

Christiansburg
Virginia
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The question was brought up earlier. Why isn't the Red Baron steam-punked and riveted out??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
binarysunrise wrote:
The question was brought up earlier. Why isn't the Red Baron steam-punked and riveted out??

It would be a lot better that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mbmb
My guess is that it's a recent addition to his game, and he hasn't had the time to give it a proper 'punking? I would like to see it a little cooler looking than just a cartoonish version of the red baron, though!

I dropped my pledge just before this announcement came out. Once we hear more about that campaign that takes advantage of all the minis, then I may get back in...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it's just concept art at the moment. I'm sure it'll all be Riveted up once the miniature is made.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Baker
United States
Circle Pines
MN
flag msg tools
badge
Hnaarr oorrawarr!
mbmbmbmbmb
mattprice wrote:
My guess is that it's a recent addition to his game, and he hasn't had the time to give it a proper 'punking? I would like to see it a little cooler looking than just a cartoonish version of the red baron, though!

I dropped my pledge just before this announcement came out. Once we hear more about that campaign that takes advantage of all the minis, then I may get back in...

I hope he gets somewhat steam punked, but Ted has said he'll be more Rivetted with updated concept art either emailed to backers to on Rivetwars.com when the gaol is hit (or if it doesn't hit, when the time comes for it to be processed).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Terranova
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I read this forum yesterday and went right in and redesigned the baron. I still want him to read as the red baron and a triplane but now he feels like he belongs in rivet wars. Thanks for the inspiration guys
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Terranova
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the new sketch if you want to take a look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hehe, awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Swan
Ireland
Dublin 18
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
o.I want this sooo bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Martin
United States
Fort Leavenworth
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great Ted! Love the steam-punkification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Baker
United States
Circle Pines
MN
flag msg tools
badge
Hnaarr oorrawarr!
mbmbmbmbmb
*jaw drops*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
That looks super awesome. I'm guessing he is a Blight pilot? Or could this be the first unit of a 3rd faction? Either way, totally cool. I wonder if these will have flight stands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool Ted.
I second the question about flight stands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Willo
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
FreedomGunfire wrote:
That looks super awesome. I'm guessing he is a Blight pilot? Or could this be the first unit of a 3rd faction? Either way, totally cool. I wonder if these will have flight stands.

Well Blight = German. The Red Baron was German. So of course this is a Blight pilot. Duh!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Willo
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What Ted said in the Comment section when asked how Air Ships will work.

ninjaQ: It would be great to understand how Planes and Air Sips will work on the game board. Just a diagram or explanation. We don't need you to have a prototype to show off the logistics of all this.

coolAnswer Ted T:
The idea is that they are placed on the intersection of the grids with a + type base, so they don't interfere with anything. At this point all planes will fly at the same altitude. Bombers will be able to target the grids that their base touches. Fighters will target those in front of them, so with aircraft facing does come into play. We are still trying variations on some other details as well, such as hovering for zeppelins and helicopters and all of this is still a work in progress so it could change. But the baron is a fighter through and through

ninjaQ: So a bommer can choose 1 of 4 grid options to target?

coolAnswer Ted T:
...probably unless we grant a bomber two attacks or carpet bombing, etc.. There are lots of things we are trying but that's the basics of how it will work.

....a grid is 2x2 or 4 squares. A tank takes up a full grid an m3 half a grid. But that doesn't affect the aircraft because their base will go between the grids as a +. I'll make a diagram tomorrow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Terranova
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a mockup of the air units in action. The planes are rough as are the stand designs but it should demonstrate the concept of how they work and will look. I'm glad you guys are excited about this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner Thetford
United States
Silver City
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These look great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Tjarks
United States
Crowley
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You know why I'm really into Rivet Wars? The minis are the right balance of detail and simplicity. I don't feel like they *HAVE* to be painted to look nice. Excellent design work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.