Subject: Waging War Against the Robot rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Bakija
United States
flag msg tools
Q: Are we not men?
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've been playing solitaire games against the Robot for a few weeks now, and generally speaking, the robot demolishes me. Most of the time. Unless I'm playing a Military homeworld vs a non Military robot, and then I go about 50-50 on medium. So after a whole lot of games and a whole lot of different strategies (I've played, like, 40 games so far, and am batting, like, .250 at this point), I figure I'll start charting my games as they go by, and see what happens.

I had a lot of free time today, so played a string of games, mostly trying to win via victory point chits. Didn't go so hot:

1) Me: Old Earth, 20 points; Robot: Ancient Race, 38 points. Tried a VP engine. Failed.

2) Me: Old Earth, 36 points; Robot: Ancient Race, 38 points. Again, tried a VP engine. Did better. But still lost.

3) Me: Old Earth, 18 points; Robot: Ancient Race, 34 points. Things went bad, the game ended quickly, I got a serious drubbing.

4) Me: Old Earth, 25 points; Robot: Ancient Race, 38 points. VP engine fails yet again.

5) Me: Old Earth, 34 points; Robot: Alpha Centauri, 40 points. Was doing ok with VP engine. But Alpha Centauri does best yet.

6) Me: Old Earth, 35 points; Robot: Alpha Centauri, 42 points. Best score for Robot yet.

7) Me: Old Earth, 43 points; Robot: Alpha Centauri, 34 points. Holy crap. I won! In this game, rather than going for a VP engine, I got a lot of VPs off of a 6 cost development and matching planets (possibly Mining League? One of the "Get VPs for brown worlds" ones). Got VP chips from Deficit Spending discards. The robot ended the game at 0 economy due to pure luck (it never once rolled a Produce or a 2X or copied me when I produced, and I never tried a 2X myself). Suck it, robot!

8) Me: Epsilon Iridani, 25 points; Robot: Alpha Centauri, 31 points. After winning, finally, with Old Earth (although solely by virtue of *not* trying a VP engine and the Robot being stupidly unlucky), I switch to Epsilon Iridani, for some Military edge. Robot still wins.

9) Me: Epsilon Iridani, 39 points; Robot: Alpha Centauri, 31 points. Gadzooks! I win again! And this time, it was a pure VP engine--I managed to 2X twice, for 10 VP chips each time. The robot never rolled or copied a 2X.

Well, I'll keep keeping on, and see how it goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
My victories tend to come from a military approach with complimentary 6 developments (Galactic Imperium, New Galactic Order, and often SETI).

Like you I am rarely, if ever, successful utilizing a VP engine or produce/consume approach.

My only victory on Medium difficulty came during a game in which the Robot (military start world, can't remember which) never once rolled a trade, consume, or produce result. To be honest, I've just started playing on Medium and after 50 or so games on Easy I still consider myself a beginner when it comes to my understanding and skill against the Robot.

Thanks for sharing your results. I just bought Race for the Galaxy: Rebel vs Imperium and Race for the Galaxy: The Brink of War but intend to play The Gathering Storm for quite awhile longer until I introduce the next expansion. There's enough challenge here I figure why short myself on exploring what this first expansion has to offer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bakija
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryanmobile wrote:
My victories tend to come from a military approach with complimentary 6 developments (Galactic Imperium, New Galactic Order, and often SETI).

Agreed--when I play a Military homeworld (Sparta, Separatist, or Epsilon) and focus purely on Military (with a lot if exploring for important developments and military worlds), I can win half the time or less (assuming the Robot is not also a Military homeworld). Get a lot of VPs from Military planets and a 6 cost development or two, and victory can totally happen.

Quote:
Like you I am rarely, if ever, successful utilizing a VP engine or produce/consume approach.

Yeah, VP/Produce/Consume tends to end in disaster most of the time. Calling produce means the robot gets to produce more, and calling 2X, means the robot gets to 2X more often. Most of the time, the robot is gaining VPs as you ramp up, and then by the time you are ready to call 2X for some VPs, the robot has a significant economy, and if it falls on 2X as well, you get killed. The one time above where I won on VP chits, I managed to be in a situation where I could produce 4 goods and ship them for 5 (2x for 10) VPs. And did that twice without the robot also hitting on 2X by pure chance.

Quote:
My only victory on Medium difficulty came during a game in which the Robot (military start world, can't remember which) never once rolled a trade, consume, or produce result. To be honest, I've just started playing on Medium and after 50 or so games on Easy I still consider myself a beginner when it comes to my understanding and skill against the Robot.

Really, when it comes down to it, the difference between Easy and Medium is pretty minimal--I mean, yeah, the robot is gonna definitely get that second 6 point development in the game, but using Easy, it often gets that just by drawing into a 6 cost development anyway. So Medium is a bit more difficult than Easy, but a lot less than you'd think.

Quote:
Thanks for sharing your results.

Thanks for reading--more games to follow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bakija
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Robot continues to brutalize me. 9 more games at Medium:

10) Me: Separatist Colony, 47 points; Robot: Earth's Lost Colony, 49 points. A close one, where I mostly played a military game and got both SETI and Galactic Genome Project developments in play. It wasn't enough.

11) Me: Separatist Colony, 44 points; Robot: Earth's Lost Colony, 37 points. Woot! A third victory! I played a pure military strategy and got, like, 12-15 points off of New Galactic Order.

12) Me: Alpha Centauri, 43 points; Robot: Earth's Lost Colony, 49 points.

13) Me: Alpha Centauri, 48 points; Robot: Ancient Race, 49 points. I had a tableau full of brown planets and Mining League. Robot still got more points.

14) Me: Ancient Race, 34 points; Robot: Alpha Centauri, 34 points. Robot wins on tie breaker points.

15) Me: Ancient Race, 53 points; Robot: Alpha Centauri, 47 points. Win #4! Got a lot of points of of a string of Alien worlds and Alien Tech Initiative.

16) Me: Ancient Race, 42 points; Robot: Alpha Centauri, 43 points. A tableau full of green worlds and both Pan Galactic Research and Genome Project developments. Robot wins by 1.

17) Me: Ancient Race, 34 points; Robot: Alpha Centauri, 41 points.

18) Me: Ancient Race, 37 points; Robot Alpha Centauri, 40 points.

So far, 4 out of 18, or 22% victory. Most games see me going out of my way to not give the Robot free VP chips as much as possible and having generally reasonable tableaus and victory plans. And most games still see the Robot squeaking ahead. Gah. The war continues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bakija
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another passel of games from the last week:

19) Me: Earth's Lost Colony, 43 points; Robot: New Sparta, 38 points. Sweet monkey butler! A win on VP chips and Free Trade Association! New Sparta kinda crapped out on military settles, and didn't double up much.

20) Me: Earth's Lost Colony, 44 points; Robot: New Sparta, 40 points. Gadzooks. I win two in a row! Both games were me following a blue VP production strategy. Unforseen!

21) Me: Earth's Lost Colony, 23 points; Robot: New Sparta, 53 points. Yikes. That'll teach me to win two games in a row.

22) Me: Earth's Lost Colony, 38 points; Robot: New Sparta, 37 points. Again! Blue VPs for the win! This one was pure Consumer Markets VP gain.

23-30) Me: Earth's Lost Colony. Robot: New Sparta, Separatist Colony, Ancient Race, Epsilon Iridani. This was an 8 game loss streak, where I changed the Robot homworld frequently. My average score in this run was about 31 to the Robots about 45. Including a game where the Robot, as Epsilon Iridani, managed to score 60 points (vs my 22 that game). On medium.

31) Me: Old Earth, 34 points; Robot: New Sparta, 59 points. Not a good start for Old Earth.

32) Me: Old Earth, 19 points; Robot: New Sparta, 52 points. I think my worst score ever.

33) Me: Ancient Race, 32 points; Robot: Alpha Centauri, 46 points.

34) Me: Ancient Race, 38 points; Robot: Alpha Centauri, 26 points. Take that, Robot! A game where I scored a bunch from Terraforming Guild and Robot didn't hit a 2X the whole game. Which seems to be a running theme for games that I manage to win.

35) Me: Ancient Race, 39 points; Robot: Alpha Centauri, 54 points.

So far that is 8 wins out of 35 games at Medium (~23%). A running theme of games where I win is that the Robot doesn't hit the 2X much. If ever. When Robot randomly hits 2X a few times? The game is over. If Robot randomly doesn't hit 2X a few times? I have a chance. I mean, I realize that everyone paying attention to the solitaire Robot already knows that. But it is interesting to see it in action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for sharing all those. It seems like a fair number of your losses are at least close.

Sometimes I go for the x2 approach hell bent on defying the odds. Usually it gets me smacked down. Depending on the card draw and the respective start worlds, I think pushing the x2/production strategy during some games makes more sense than going with a military strategy even though it tends not to work. Sometimes the AI, like you said, isn't going to get those x2 rolls (love it when they don't) and it's fun to be positioned to take advantage of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bakija
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yah--occasionally, I'll end up with a whole bunch of goods and enough consumption to make it work, which usually involves blue worlds and Consumer Markets. In those instances, if the Robot hasn't already doubled up a couple times, running a 2X/Produce for 10xVPs each time can eek out a VP chip win, even if the Robot manages to copy or hit 2x those times as well. I mean, it works better if it doesn't, however :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bakija
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And a bunch of games from the last couple weeks:

36) Me: Alpha Centauri, 47 points; Robot: Doomed World, 44 points. I win off of Terraforming Guild. Robot doesn't hit 2X all game.

37) Me: Alpha Centauri, 31 points; Robot: Doomed World, 36 points.

38) Me: Alpha Centauri, 38 points; Robot: Doomed World, 50 points.

39) Me: Ancient Race, 53 points; Robot: Alien Factory, 46 points. Another win, this time with both Terraforming Guild and Genome Project.

40-50): Me: Various games as Ancient Race, Earth's Lost Colony, Alien Factory, and Epsilon Eridani; Robot as Alien Factory, New Sparta, Alpha Centauri. I lose 11 in a row, averaging 35 points to the Robot's 45, including a game where the Robot hit 69 points. Yikes.

51) Me: Epsilon Iridani, 60 points; Robot Alpha Centauri, 43 points. I crush the Robot with Imperium Lords, New Galactic Order, and 10 point Galactic Exchange in play. Best score in the series so far.

52) Me: Epsilon Iridani, 36 points; Robot: Alpha Centauri, 36 points. I win on tie breaker points with Terraforming Guild.

I'm up to 12 wins out of 52 games at Medium (23% victory holding strong). Still, most victories seem to happen when the Robot just simply doesn't roll 2X much, if at all, by pure chance. I mean, I need a good strategy and a good tableau as well, but when I have all that and the Robot doubles up a bunch, I lose. When it doesn't, sometimes I win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bakija
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And the war continues. This time, I have an unprecedented string of 4 wins in a row.

53) Me: Galactic Developers, 32 points; Robot: Alpha Centauri, 43 points.

54) Me: Galactic Developers, 44 points; Robot: Alpha Centauri, 36 points. A win! The first in a run of 4, where I just go pure Develop strategy (mostly just Explore/Develop every turn, with an occasional Trade if I have a windfall good in play). This one ends with me having 4x 6 cost developments, including Galactic Federation.

55) Me: Galactic Developers, 43 points; Robot: Alpha Centauri, 31 points. Another all Development win.

56) Me: Galactic Developers, 48 points; Robot: New Sparta, 46 points. The all Develop strategy keeps working.

57) Me: Ancient Race, 42 points; Robot: New Sparta, 40 points. I switch to Ancient Race but keep up the all Development strategy. Which continues to work, even without being Galactic Developers. So apparently, the all Develop strategy works pretty well against the Robot.

58) Me: Ancient Race, 37 points; Robot: New Sparta, 38 points. And I start losing again.

59) Me: Alpha Centauri, 30 points; Robot: Separatist Colony, 47 points. I try some brown world/Development strategy with Alpha Centauri. Doesn't work.

60) Me: Alpha Centauri, 35 points; Robot: Separatist Colony, 54 points. Keeps not working.

61) Me: Alpha Centauri, 37 points; Robot: Separatist Colony, 41 points.

62) Me: Alpha Centauri, 41 points; Robot: Separatist Colony, 47 points. This has to work eventually. I get strings of brown planets and one or two 6 cost developments that cash in on brown planets. But it keeps just not paying off.

63) Me: Alpha Centauri, 20 points; Robot: Separatist Colony, 55 points. In this one, the Robot rolled 2X 5 times in a row. Mind you, it was rolling the actual "2X" face (not copying me, not hitting on a Robot action). 5 times. In a row. Gadzooks. The game was over with the Robot having all of the VP chips and more. I had, like, 7 cards on the table.

So I'm now at 16 wins in 63 games: 25% victory! I'm up! Woo!

So apparently, all Development works pretty well vs the Robot; Explore a lot. Play early developments that improve your Exploration and/or Development phases. Find and play a bunch of strong 6 cost Developments (getting Galactic Federation and/or Galactic Bankers helps a lot).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't opened up Race for the Galaxy: Rebel vs Imperium or Race for the Galaxy: The Brink of War. I take it Galactic Developers is a start world from one of those expansions?

Have you been playing with BoW and RvI the whole time, or did you just incorporate them (or one of them) with the plays in your last post?

I've got almost 60 plays with TGS and want to keep playing with that awhile until I break out the later expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bakija
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryanmobile wrote:
I haven't opened up Race for the Galaxy: Rebel vs Imperium or Race for the Galaxy: The Brink of War. I take it Galactic Developers is a start world from one of those expansions?

Galactic Developers is a homeworld from Rebel vs Imperium (it allows you to draw a card when there is a develop phase and consume a good for a VP).

Quote:
Have you been playing with BoW and RvI the whole time, or did you just incorporate them (or one of them) with the plays in your last post?

My deck contains Brink of War and Rebel vs Imperium and has since the start of this thread. I was avoiding using the RvI homeworlds as I hadn't gotten around to punching out the solitaire components from the RvI box. I finally remembered to do that, so I started messing around with the RvI homeworlds with the Robot.

Quote:
I've got almost 60 plays with TGS and want to keep playing with that awhile until I break out the later expansions.

Reasonable. Indications (and experience) are that the game in general works better with one or both expansions--using just the base game, it is hard to get a lot of VPs without a produce/consume strategy, and the Robot is specifically designed to regularly thrash you if you try to produce/consume too much. BoW and RvI give you a lot more valid victory paths to follow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bakija
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I make some spectacular gains against the Robot in this next chunk of games:

64) Me: Alpha Centauri, 36 points; Robot: Earth's Lost Colony, 46 points.

65) Me: Alpha Centauri, 46 points; Robot: Earth's Lost Colony, 48 points.

66) Me: Alpha Centauri, 55 points; Robot: Earth's Lost Colony, 51 points. I win on a crazy development strategy, ending the game with *five* 6 cost developments in play.

67) Me: Separatist Colony, 23 points; Robot: Alpha Centauri, 32 points.

68) Me: Separatist Colony, 43 points; Robot: Alpha Centauri, 40 points. Another win, but nondescript.

69) Me: Rebel Cantina, 45 points; Robot: Galactic Developers, 41 points. First play of Rebel Cantina for the win off of Rebel Alliance and a bunch of Rebel planets.

70) Me: Rebel Cantina, 25 points; Robot: Galactic Developers, 40 points.

71) Me: Rebel Cantina, 60 points; Robot: Earth's Lost Colony, 41 points. Another Cantina win, off of Rebel Alliance and Galactic Imperium, topping at 60 points, my current high score.

72) Me: Imperium Warlord, 39 points; Robot: Earth's Lost Colony, 38 points. First game as Imperium Warlord for a win off of Imperium Lords, starting an unprecedented string of victories.

73) Me: Imperium Warlord, 48 points; Robot: Earth's Lost Colony, 39 points. Another win for Imperium Lords.

74) Me: Alpha Centauri, 40 points; Robot: New Sparta, 34 points. Another nondescript win for Alpha Centauri.

75) Me: Imperium Warlord, 46 points; Robot: New Sparta, 44 points. A military conflict ends with the Imperium Warlord winning.

76) Me: Imperium Warlord, 30 points; Robot: New Sparta, 38 points.

77) Me: Imperium Warlord, 51 points; Robot: New Sparta, 32 points. Another win for Imperium Warlord.

78) Me: Imperium Warlord, 62 points; Robot: Earth's Lost Colony, 31 points. Imperium Warlord for the devastating win over the Robot, doubling its score and hitting my new high score of 62 points off of Galactic Imperium, Imperium Seat, and New Galactic Order.

79) Me: Imperium Warlord, 44 points; Robot: Earth's Lost Colony, 44 points. I win off of tie breaker points.

So 16 more games with an unprecedented 11 of 16 (69%) wins, bringing my overall total to 27 wins in 79 games (jumping up to an overall 34% victory rate).

Imperium Warlord played 7 games vs New Sparta and Earth's Lost Colony, winning 6 of those 7 (settle rebel military worlds while exploring for 6 cost devs that score off of Imperium, Rebel, or military). Apparently, contrary to conventional wisdom, Imperium Warlord is fantastic vs the Robot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bakija wrote:
Apparently, contrary to conventional wisdom, Imperium Warlord is fantastic vs the Robot.

Wild!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bakija
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another bunch of games. Other than hitting my highest score yet, nothing particularly exciting.

80) Me: Rebel Cantina, 34 points; Robot: Epsilon Iridani, 49 points.

81) Me: Rebel Cantina, 49 points; Robot: Epsilon Iridani, 31 points. Rebel Alliance for the win. Indications are that if Rebel Cantina can draw into Rebel Alliance vs the Robot, it will generally win.

82) Me: Rebel Cantina, 35 points; Robot: Damaged Alien Factory, 46 points.

83) Me: Rebel Cantina, 56 points; Robot: Damaged Alien Factory, 44 points. Another Rebel Alliance win.

84) Me: Rebel Cantina, 30 points; Robot: Imperium Warlord, 32 points.

85) Me: Rebel Cantina, 33 points; Robot: Imperium Warlord, 59 points.

86) Me: Rebel Cantina, 38 points; Robot: Imperium Warlord ,43 points.

87) Me: Rebel Cantina, 68 points; Robot: Imperium Warlord, 61 points. My super high score of 68 points, winning off of Rebel Alliance, Galactic Federation, Galactic Imperium, and SETI.

88) Me: Imperium Warlord, 34 points; Robot: Epsilon Iridani, 39 points. At this point, I have started legitimately playing random matches. Up till this point, I just picked two homeworlds that seemed like an interesting match up. Here on out, I pick a couple random ones and play the match up a few times (usually stubbornly till I win).

89) Me: Imperium Warlord, 47 points; Robot: Epsilon Iridani, 58 points.

90) Me: Imperium Warlord, 42 points; Robot: Epsilon Iridani, 42 points. We are tied, and also tied on the tie breaker, so we both win! I'm counting it as a victory.

91) Me: Imperium Warlord, 49 points; Robot: Epsilon Iridani, 43 points. Victory is mine!

92) Me: Old Earth, 29 points; Robot: Galactic Developers, 32 points. The start of a string of games where I play Old Earth, and confirm that trying to win off of 2X VPs vs the Robot is a losing fight most of the time. Especially with Old Earth, who needs more set up than, like, Lost Colony.

93) Me: Old Earth, 36 points; Robot: Galactic Developers, 46 points.

94) Me: Old Earth, 44 points; Robot: Galactic Developers, 46 points. I throw in the towel as Old Earth here.

95) Me: Alpha Centauri, 38 points; Robot: Separatist Colony, 39 points.

96) Me: Alpha Centauri, 42 points; Robot: Separatist Colony, 43 points.

97) Me: Alpha Centauri, 61 points; Robot: Separatist Colony, 43 points. A strong win with strong interlocking VPs from 6 cost devs Mining League, Terraforming Guild, and SETI.

So now I'm at 33 wins out of 97 games (34% victory rate holding strong).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bakija
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The war continues!

98) Me: Earth's Lost Colony, 22 points; Robot: Old Earth, 37 points.

99) Me: Rebel Cantina, 46 points; Robot: Alpha Centauri, 56 points.

100) Me: Rebel Cantina, 46 points; Robot: Alpha Centauri, 30 points. 100th game spectacular! Rebel Cantina wins off of Rebel Alliance and the ironic Imperium Seat.

101) Me: Damaged Alien Factory, 54 points; Robot: Ancient Race: 41 points. Another win, off of Alien Tech Institute, SETI, and Galactic Federation.

102) Me: Damaged Alien Factory, 55 points; Robot: Ancient Race: 41 points. Another Alien Tech Institute backed by Terraforming Guild. Damaged Alien Factory does well if it aggressively explores for ATI. Ancient Race is a fairly weak Robot position.

103) Me: Damaged Alien Factory, 29 points; Robot: Rebel Cantina, 45 points.

104) Me: Damaged Alien Factory, 25 points; Robot: Rebel Cantina, 48 points.

105) Me: Damaged Alien Factory, 36 points; Robot: Rebel Cantina, 39 points. As opposed to Ancient Race, Rebel Cantina is a very strong Robot position; it settles either type of world (so it is incredibly unlikely to fail a settle) and gains credit from Production phases. Yikes.

At 36 wins out of 105 games, holding strong at 34% victory rate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bakija
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another dozen or so games:

106) Me: Separatist Colony, 61 points; Robot: Alpha Centauri, 49 points. A win off of the combo of New Galactic Order, Imperium Lords, and Imperium Seat.

107) Me: Separatist Colony, 59 points; Robot: Doomed World, 35 points. Another development heavy win, with Imperium Lords, Imperium Seat, and Terraforming Guild.

108) Me: Doomed World, 35 points; Robot: Separatist Colony, 37 points.

109) Me: Doomed World, 44 points; Robot: Separatist Colony, 29 points. Doomed World became Gem Smugglers and enabled a big brown victory with Mining League, Galactic Federation, and SETI.

110) Me: Ancient Race, 38 points; Robot: Galactic Developers, 57 points.

111) Me: Ancient Race, 38 points; Robot: Galactic Developers, 36 points. Green for the win with Pan Galactic League and SETI.

112) Me: Alpha Centauri, 30 points; Robot: Imperium Warlord, 43 points.

113) Me: Alpha Centauri, 35 points; Robot: Imperium Warlord, 42 points.

114) Me: Alpha Centauri, 25 points; Robot: Imperium Warlord, 41 points.

115) Me: Alpha Centauri, 52 points; Robot: Imperium Warlord, 48 points. A hard fought win vs the Imperium off of Galactic Federation, SETI, and Terraforming Guild.

116) Me: Epsilon Iridani, 47 points; Robot: Old Earth, 55 points.

117) Me: Epsilon Eridani, 38 points; Robot: Old Earth, 40 points.

118) Me: Epsilon Eridani, 33 points; Robot: Old Earth, 27 points. Old Earth is a very rough opponent. This game I won off of Galactic Imperium, but the actual important card was an early Improved Logistics, allowing me to end the game before the Robot hit 2X too many times.

Holding at 42 wins in 118 games (up to 36% victory! Woo!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.