Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phillip McCaughey
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you foil house special rules? Do they count as schemes?

I think that we mistakenly played that you could in our first game as a situation arose were the rules got stuck in a bit of a loop - discard 3 guards>foil>get 3 guards back as no cost>use house special ability again.
We banned reusing the same house special rule in the same turn to move things along but would be interested to hear were we went wrong initially.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Marysville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Though here at journey's end I lie in darkness buried deep, beyond all towers strong and high, beyond all mountains steep, above all shadows rides the Sun, and Stars forever dwell: I will not say the Day is done, nor bid the Stars farewell.
mbmbmbmbmb
House powers aren't schemes, and therefore can't be foiled by cards that target schemes. Schemes are specifically a type of intrigue card. There is no base game intrigue card that can be played to cancel a house power.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Darth Headbutt wrote:
House powers aren't schemes, and therefore can't be foiled by cards that target schemes. Schemes are specifically a type of intrigue card. There is no base game intrigue card that can be played to cancel a house power.

+1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.