Popular Tags: [View All]
tim meyer
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Tonight I'm going to be playing a 6 player game with only the base game. I'm thinking about using a make-shift simultaneous play variant from the expansion to help speed things up. Is there any reason that this should not work out just fine?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryann Turner
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
None that I can think of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation"
mbmbmbmbmb
I've used the rules with six, they worked fine, and we managed the game in two hours .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Campbell
Canada
Banff
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't exactly speak to this through experience, as I haven't played with simultaneous play, but I think that considering how close the players are across the board from one another, I could see playing this variant with any fewer than 7 players (thus ring 3 starting sectors) could easily turn into a 4-player chess style cluster-f*** mid-game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We used the simultaneous rules in a 5 player game on Sunday and it went very smoothly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nat Brooks
msg tools
mbmbmb
MaximumPain wrote:
We used the simultaneous rules in a 5 player game on Sunday and it went very smoothly.

Does it speed up play any? How long did your game take?

Edit: Oops I see someone else had a two hour game with 6 players. Yipee! I may want to try this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation"
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it will just about always speed up play, but it can REALLY speed up play if the players agree to play quickly and are good about clearly showing that they have finished their action so that the next player can move. Don't leave those pawns behind!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Kunes
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not have the expansion. Are the rules online some where, or in another thread I can look at?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eetu Immonen
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
"Ain't nothing to it / microbadge made me do it"
badge
"Move the Pawn, Luke"
mbmbmbmbmb
bkunes wrote:
I do not have the expansion. Are the rules online some where, or in another thread I can look at?
Eclipse: Rise of the Ancients rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Paella
United States
East Aurora
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had plans for some time now to create a simultaneous play variant for Eclipse that allows EVERYONE to go at the same time, but I haven't had the time. I'll get to it .... someday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.