Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ivan Sutalo
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I cleared out a spare room in my home, and I'm planning on setting it up as a game room. I have a decent sized dining room table that never gets any use that I'm going to move up there, a minifridge, my game collection, etc.

The problem is that I don't really have many gaming friends. Anyone in the area want to start a regular game night?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Long
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There is a couple of Meetup Game groups in T-Town-
http://www.meetup.com/Tacoma-board-games/
and one I'm involved in-
Tacoma Axis & Allies Meetup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Sutalo
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, my. Thank you. I forgot about that site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shilo Maggi
United States
Fircrest
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What area of Tacoma are you in, and what games do you dig?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Franzman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hey! You don't know where that cursor has been!
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in Tacoma's North End, and I've got a friend nearby who's also thinking of putting together a semi-regular board game and RPG group to play at his place on Saturdays. Nothing definite has been set yet, but he's already got at least three other folks lined up for it. The guy's basement is a gamer's dream.

You can also find players just about any Friday night (and probably the rest of the weekend, too) at http://www.thegamematrix.com/... They've got a nice big open gaming area and a great selection of games of all kinds. But you may well have been there already.

What's more, I just learned today about Contac, an upcoming free boardgaming convention in Tacoma on April 12-13: http://warhorn.net/contac/
Donovan, the organizer, is a nice guy and always keen to play (you'll probably run into him at The Game Matrix if you go).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shilo Maggi
United States
Fircrest
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Donovan really is a great guy, and also a good resource to purchase games in the Tacoma area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Franzman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Update: There's now a Meetup group for Contac: http://www.meetup.com/Contac/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Sutalo
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, thanks, Dan. I went to the Meetup last night. Was a lot of fun.

Shilo, I live in the Lincoln district. Less than a mile from 38th and Pacific. And I like a decent variety of games. I enjoy a quick game a Munchkin, and heavyweights like TI3. I'm just not a huge fan of Eurogames that don't have any player interaction (thinking of selling my copy of Dominion), and the Ameritrash games that are all flash and no substance (Zombicide was rather underwhelming)

Brian, that sounds great. Seem to be a LOT of gamers in the north end. That's where the meetup is, it's where a couple of my gaming friends live... Yeah, I've been to the Gamematrix a few times, but never to play games. Every time I go there, it seems to be more established groups with specific games, not something to just plunk down a random game of Smallworld or Bohnanza or something. But maybe I'm wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Long
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Anybody looking for a steady diet of 'Ameritrash' check out-
http://www.meetup.com/Tacoma-Axis-and-Allies-Meet-Up-Group/
This month Feb 17th it's IKUSA!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Franzman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know a group of guys that has been meeting at the Game Matrix on Friday nights strictly for card and board gaming. You might be able to get into their games, I think they try to give lots of options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Harvey
United States
Sumner
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
I'll be there tonight at game matrix with netrunner, mage knight, space alert and some others. Feel free to say hey =)

*edit* and of course feel free to join me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ferro
United States
Waipahu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
Hey Gents, I too will be in the Tacoma area startng in May, I'm changing duty assignments. I have a large collection of boardgames ranging from Axis and Allies (all variants) to a bunch of GMT. Have plenty of Fantasy Flight as well, TI3 ETC...

Joined the Axis and Allies meet-up. Looking forward to meeting up with like minded individuals. Hawaii was pretty rough with board gamers. Very light on the games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wilcox
United States
Fircrest
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Hey all,

I have a little makeshift group that meets every other week or so in N Tacoma/Fircrest area. Usually on the weekdays, but it varies. PM me if you are interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Nyiri
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
Not exactly Tacoma; me and my wife just moved to the Renton Highlands and have managed to make exactly two gaming friends and start a every-other-Sat day. Its hard for us to get out since we have a four-month old son, so we haven't gone to any of the game stores or groups, we just have three closets full of games sitting on the shelf The Tacoma Axis and Allies group is an awesome bunch of people, I managed to get a few games in with them b4 my son was born and they are very welcoming and do a regular once a month Sunday game. (Hi, Dan! Sorry I missed A&A 1914--but of course I did, right?)

Hopefully Ill get a chance to come out and try some of you guys' gaming rooms your talking about!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.