9 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: Imp vs Red Herrings rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Solid Oak Shelf
msg tools
mb
So playing an Anarch deck and am on 4 agenda points. I ran on a remote server with Red Herrings on click 3. I accessed the face-down card and its a Priority Requisition. Red Herrings stops me from stealing it - so I trash it instead with Imp.

Then on click 4 I run on Archive for the win!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Smithy

Wheaton
Illinois
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Demo-Run'd my way through an Ash the same way once...

"Kill it with fire paintball headshots!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Kelly
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hdnggrnchrg wrote:
Demo-Run'd my way through an Ash the same way once...

Huh? Ash doesn't let you access the card at all, so unless you trashed Ash and ran the same server again...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain McAllister
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Lothian
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Yeah you can bypass Red Herrings with Imp as Red Herrings triggers when you steal not when you access. Ash however initiates a trace that prevents anything other than him being accessed so you cannot use Imp to trash any other cards in the server.

Hope that helps

Iain
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Muller
France
Thionville
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you can do the same if accessinf FETAL AI and you cannot pay 2

discard it, then run on archive without NET DAMAGE

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conny Karlsson
Sweden
Skövde
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ludiqsmacker wrote:
you can do the same if accessinf FETAL AI and you cannot pay 2

discard it, then run on archive without NET DAMAGE

Fetal AI deals 2 net damage when you ACCESS it, you have to access it to trash it with imp, you can't avoid the net damage by trashing it.

Unless i'm mistaken about the timings here because of how Imp is worded. Fetal AI is "When you access Fetal AI..." Imp is "...trash a card you access...".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ony Moose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you access FetalAI and can't pay 2, its a good idea to trash it so you can access it later at your leisure without the net damage hitting you again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Wilson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ihmcallister wrote:
Yeah you can bypass Red Herrings with Imp as Red Herrings triggers when you steal not when you access. Ash however initiates a trace that prevents anything other than him being accessed so you cannot use Imp to trash any other cards in the server.

Hope that helps

Iain

Right, and just to be explicit about Red Herrings, even if you use an Imp token to trash Red Herrings, you still need to pay the additional cost on that run, as Red Herrings is explicit that it applies for the duration of the run even if you trash it:

Red Herrings wrote:
Each time the Runner accesses an agenda from this server, he or she must pay 5 [Credits] as an additional cost in order to steal it. This applies even during the run on which the Runner trashes Red Herrings.

There is no concept of "bypassing" upgrades, and the effect of Red Herrings does not require the runner to access Red Herrings itself in order to be in effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wabi Sabi Will

Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's why he trashed the agenda instead, I imagine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.