"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."
Well, failing to hear form other interested parties, perhaps we should try the Vassal-implementation (but as PBF) of the Steam Scotland map?
With the following rules modifications:
The original STEAM rules apply, with the following changes:
1. The game lasts for 8 turns.
2. Remove all purple cubes and the purple new city marker. Remove 6 cubes of all remaining colors. Place 2 goods cubes on each Supply space and city.
3. There are two ferry routes on the map: between Ayr and Belfast, and between Ullapool and Stornoway. Once built, they act as a regular transport link. To build one, you pay $6. This counts as one of your three track pieces for the building phase. Finally, both towns of the link must be urbanized before the ferry can be built.
4. Ayr and Glasgow are next to each other, but there has to be a track connecting Ayr's center to Glasgow for transport. Once the link is built, it remains after urbanization. If there is no existing connection between them when Ayr is urbanized, you still have to pay $2 to build the link. In either case, place the track marker between the two cities.
5. Hexes with both mountain and river terrain add $3 to the build cost.
6. Standard Rules Only: The 2nd place bidder pays one-half (rounding up).