Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brent Warner
United States
Belleville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Warlord says that you may get a Warfare advance for free. If you already have Tactics, and you use this to get Steel Weapons, do you still have to pay the 2 ore? It would seem that getting it for free implies that you wouldn't pay any cost, but most other cards say "at no food cost" which implies that you still have to pay the special 2 ore cost for Steel Weapons, so I wasn't clear if this was an intentional exception or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You pay 2 ore if you get it during status phase as a free advance so I think it follows that you would pay it here as well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Freitas
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bwarner34 wrote:
Great Warlord says that you may get a Warfare advance for free. If you already have Tactics, and you use this to get Steel Weapons, do you still have to pay the 2 ore? It would seem that getting it for free implies that you wouldn't pay any cost, but most other cards say "at no food cost" which implies that you still have to pay the special 2 ore cost for Steel Weapons, so I wasn't clear if this was an intentional exception or not.

I had the same question yesterday.

Chris?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm no Chris (well yes I am but not that Chris) but it' s explicitely written in the rules under the Steel Weapons subsection in the development section (wow that's lawyering!) that there is no exception for the 2 ore payment, be it the free development in the status phase or for an earned development thanks to an action card. So no exception ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You always pay 2 Ore. Metalurgy being thg only exception.

Have fun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.