Popular Tags: [View All]
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have tried my best to understand the rules, but a few doubts still remain.

1. Can I ever take cards from the camp to my hand? (The rules do not say I can, but they mention discarding the excess.)

2. In order to play a card from hand, it must start or add to a set, or be used to pay a character's fees, correct? (I can't just put it in my camp.)

3. Not counting excess, can I voluntarily discard more than one card from my hand at the end of my turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the Brothers Crow
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
good questions:

1) a card does not return to your hand once it enters play.

2)correct. a card from your hand can only be brought into play in a Set or as Fees. it cannot just be placed in camp.

3)no, you cannot outright dump cards from your Hand. cards from your Hand can be brought into play only as a part of your Cache or Camp, or as Dues.

hope that helps. thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the quick answers! I'm glad that I have been playing it correctly.

I was a bit confused about the "excess" part, but I realize you might have excess if you don't play any cards from hand and use a card from camp to pay your dues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the Brothers Crow
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
correct again on your deduction!

the no 'excess' cards in your Hand will come into play more in Acts 2 & 3 where Characters will allow you (under certain conditions) to Draw more cards from the Fate deck. it is possible to end up 5,6 and even 7 cards in hand on a given turn.

thanks again for the query. your gaming instincts have been spot on.

and thanks for giving the game a go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Fools Fortune wrote:
the no 'excess' cards in your Hand will come into play more in Acts 2 & 3 where Characters will allow you (under certain conditions) to Draw more cards from the Fate deck.

I was wondering if that would be the case, too. I have played twice so far and only went up to the first scene of Act 2.

Quote:
and thanks for giving the game a go!

Well, thank you for being so willing to answer players' questions! I bought the game without knowing anything about the gameplay, just for the art and the thought that I could use a new two-player game. Although it's a little too abstract for my tastes, I have enjoyed it and intend to explore all the acts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.