Franklinville
NC
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
boardgamegeek.com/thread/1234645
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a rulebook PDF online somewhere for this one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Not that I know of... Too easy to pirate with a deck of cards.

But we play by forum all the time and you can see it in action and figure it out. Very simple rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
NC
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to read rulebooks before buying the game (I'm very good at telling whether I'll like it and whether it'll fit my family that way). Based on the number of rethemes already out I'd wager that not having the rulebook isn't very effective... best to just let us see the quality of those rules before buying please!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Rethemes? ...I don't think there are any rethemes, unless I misunderstand you.

The rules are so simple, just come watch us play this fantastic game on the forums and you'll pick it up after a few minutes of reading.

Or email Travis, the publisher. He probably has a PDF.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Stokes
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There used to be a PDF hosted on the Indie Boards and Cards website but it looks like it was taken down. That may have been because of all of the rethemes people have done. Without making the rules available someone would need to own the game to use the rethemes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I see. Like the BSG retheme. Yeah, that could be it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
NC
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played the 1st edition and really enjoyed it. I was just hoping to find the rules online somewhere so I could compare the 2nd edition and see which version I want to actually buy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Rafferty
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
s3rvant wrote:
I like to read rulebooks before buying the game (I'm very good at telling whether I'll like it and whether it'll fit my family that way). Based on the number of rethemes already out I'd wager that not having the rulebook isn't very effective... best to just let us see the quality of those rules before buying please!

I agree with this whole-heartedly.

The rules are pretty well-explained on The Resistance page on the Wikipedia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
s3rvant wrote:
I've played the 1st edition and really enjoyed it. I was just hoping to find the rules online somewhere so I could compare the 2nd edition and see which version I want to actually buy.
Oh, there are no changes between the first and second edition rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
s3rvant wrote:
Oh, there are no changes between the first and second edition rules.

Well, the Plot Thickens rules are now the last pages of the single rulebook rather than a separate insert, and the rulebook is larger print.

The changes to components (voting and mission team cards are replaced by tokens and there are three double-sided boards rather than one) are reflected in the rulebook, but I think those are the only wording changes. I haven't gone through the two rulebooks side-by-side to compare, so there may be some other clarifications and/or corrections in there somewhere. There isn't any clarification of the Establish Confidence plot card because that came up recently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Regards,
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been awhile since this thread was posted, but in case anyone else is wondering the same and discovers this thread, I wanted to point out: Wil Wheaton's YouTube show "TableTop" provides an excellent demo and rules explanation for this game which is also entertaining to watch. I recommend looking up 'Wil Wheaton Tabletop Resistance' on YouTube.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
NC
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_QRczGzXqw

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there still no PDF version of rules of the newer version of The Resistance anywhere? I have PDF rules for all my games on my tablet and it's a bit of an OCD thing, so I'd love the rules for The Resistance there as well.

Anyone knows?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Regards,
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
s3rvant wrote:

Why thank you, for looking it up exactly. And as an added bonus, that girl's awesome hat is visible in the video preview.

Slashdoctor wrote:
Is there still no PDF version of rules of the newer version of The Resistance anywhere? I have PDF rules for all my games on my tablet and it's a bit of an OCD thing, so I'd love the rules for The Resistance there as well.

Anyone knows?

I can't help at this time, but I understand the compulsion. I have PDFs for six different games on my smartphone, and in the case of Catan (with all its expansions), that's at least ten PDFs for one game. It's handy, isn't it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cummins
United States
Geneva
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgameguys.ie/sites/bggnew/files/The_Resistanc...
Seems to be working right now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey
United States
flag msg tools
Make it so
badge
Captain Picard
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd really love a single rule book that combines The Resistance, Plot card rules, Hidden Agenda, Hostile Intent, the rules for some of the Assassin roles that weren't included in the rule book, and the promo rules all in one printable booklet. I have six booklets in my Resistance box at the moment. Although if what rmsgrey says is true, I may have accidentally put the Plot rules from my first edition copy in with my second edition copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph L
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am a few years late to this topic.

I recently purchased the game, but what I didn't realize is that I got the Russian version (purchased online).

I really would love to have scans of the English copy of the manual. If I have to I can take pictures of my Russian copy as proof.

I think I have the plot cards' english translation from internet so I am happy with it...going to print them out, sleeved the card with the translation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.