Paulo Santoro
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
I've already tried 4 Splotter Games. Let me tell you.

DUCK DEALER
I liked very much. Unfortunately, it was a big failure with every friend I showed to, even those who like hard games.

ROADS AND BOATS + INDONESIA
Both games made me tired because of the visual pollution of the board. Interesting games, but I couldn't play them a second time. It's not really because the rules, but because the bad development of artwork in relation with components. I'm afraid Antiquity fall in this type...

GREED INC.
Interesting, but not fun enough.

My favorite games:
Puerto Rico
Caylus
Chess
Civilization (2010)
Brass
Le Havre

So... Will I like Antiquity?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Straight

Covington
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
mbmb
If it's just clutter and difficulty of seeing what's going on (and not also fiddliness), then Antiquity might avoid the R&B / Indonesia trap. There's certainly a lot of fiddling about, but you don't have to do nearly as much interactive analysis with the board, constantly moving stuff back and forth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hammond
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For me, antiquity is far better than Civ... and personally I like the aesthetic...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Ari, I think you'd find this extremely fiddly. I haven't played Zimbabwe, can't speak to that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martins Livens
Latvia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You may try Zimbabve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate S
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Concur that Zimbabwe is likely to be better if you didn't like the chit clutter of R&B and Indonesia.

If you do decide to play Antiquity, I find it essential to have some kind of chit organization solution (like plano boxes, or little bowls, or whatever). Playing the game with the chits stored in bags is a nightmarish chore, even for someone like me who absolutely loves the game. I store my Antiquity, R&B, and Indonesia chits in plano boxes, which makes all 3 of those games much more playable.

The boards are still cluttered with chits during the play, but this doesn't bother me like it seems to bother you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Santoro
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
I'm only asking because a friend in my city here in Brazil are selling a copy of Antiquity. It's not cheap: around US$ 190.00.

Yes, I think I won't buy it. Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Rustin
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PauloSantoro wrote:
I'm only asking because a friend in my city here in Brazil are selling a copy of Antiquity. It's not cheap: around US$ 190.00.

Yes, I think I won't buy it. Thank you!

If it's a friend of yours that's selling it, surely you could try it first and then decide?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Santoro
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Sure it's possible, but not too easy because he is living and working farther and we are not having oportunities to play together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.