United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BubbaWashington wrote:
The rules state that you must place your active quest cards face up next to your player mat. This essentially allows my opponents to see what resources I’m looking for to complete my quest. I don’t understand this rule from this point of view. If my lord’s secret goal is hidden why aren’t my quest? Thematically a Lord of Waterdeep with a secret agenda would not tell his or her rivals what activities they were up to that would potentially give away information about their secret agenda.

If you're spreading the word to adventurers that you're looking to recruit them for something, the other Lords are going to find out what it is. Makes perfect thematic sense to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schwimer
United States
Solon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BubbaWashington wrote:

On my next turn a dropped the mandatory quest on her knowing she could not complete it before the game was over. It only took her a second to realize the trap I set for her and she went berserk. Not only had I shut her game down, but I prevented her from completing two twenty-five point quest which would have allowed her to win. It was the closest point I’ve ever seen anyone get to actually flipping the table over. She was upset with me for a week!

Haha, nice move, this made me laugh out loud. Good review, makes me want the game even more. Maybe I missed it, but what are the cubes supposed to represent in the theme?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Schwim wrote:
Haha, nice move, this made me laugh out loud. Good review, makes me want the game even more. Maybe I missed it, but what are the cubes supposed to represent in the theme?

Adventurers to go on the quests: Fighters, Rogues, Clerics, and Wizards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mickey
Singapore
flag msg tools
Twilight struggling to find time to play
badge
Twilight struggling to find time to play
mbmbmbmbmb
A good read. For a better experience, I really recommend DnDeeples. Some say it is just pimping, but I found it adds some flavour, that cubes cannot convey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great review. Game needs expansion (due out soon) due to the feeling of your moves are somewhat planned by the game it self. After 3-4 plays, it all feels so repetitive. But the 1st few plays were fun.

All IMHO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Burbach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good review. Thought I was playing wrong based on something you wrote, but I was mistaken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.