6 Posts

Dominion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Auto-Trashing Treasure Cards Rule Clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter A
Canada
flag msg tools
If I had a treasure card worth $X that I could trash upon playing (during my buy phase, of course) to get a bonus, would I still be able to spend those $X during my buy phase even after trashing?

There is no official card to my knowledge with this mechanic. I'm actually looking at this fan card: http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp212/Last_Footnote/Domin...

If I were to play this card, then trash it, then I would get a silver in my hand which I could play, thereby netting me $4 and 2 buys + whatever else I have from actions or cards in hand, right?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan
New Zealand
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, that looks correct to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you play Treasure cards, you get $X to spend; having that $X does not depend upon still having the Treasure cards in play. There are existing cards that trash Treasures, namely Mint and Counterfeit.

Imagine that I have $10 to spend, and two Buys. I buy a Mandarin and a Mint. If I buy the Mandarin first, all my Treasure in play goes on my deck, and I trash nothing; if I buy the Mint first, all my Treasure in play is trashed, and I put nothing on my deck. But in both cases I do still get to buy the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Young
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoils from Dark Ages isn't self-trashing, but it self-removing from play. You still get the $3 if you play it though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt E
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, these answers are correct. You get Fund's $2 even if you trash it, giving you a total of $4, assuming you also play the Silver you gain into your hand. That's definitely the way it works by the rules, and the way it's intended to work. If the on-trash bonus was only +1 Buy, Fund would be a super-weak card!

Good luck with Fund!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter A
Canada
flag msg tools
Thanks all for the help! I understand clearly now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.