Kyo
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After receiving 4 xp and 100 gold for each hero at the start of the campaign.

Can the heroes do a shopping phase before Gold digger quest?

If not, they will hold on to their starting gold after the gold digger quest. Am i right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
I don't think they do get to spend gold before Gold Digger, actually. The mini-campaign rules specifically say to perform a "Travel step" before Gold Digger, but they don't mention performing a complete Campaign Phase (which includes shopping) until after that quest.

The rules do say that the heroes save any "gold and unspent experience" until later, so yes they would get to keep this money for future investment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyo
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stewi wrote:
I don't think they do get to spend gold before Gold Digger, actually. The mini-campaign rules specifically say to perform a "Travel step" before Gold Digger, but they don't mention performing a complete Campaign Phase (which includes shopping) until after that quest.

The rules do say that the heroes save any "gold and unspent experience" until later, so yes they would get to keep this money for future investment.

Yes. Agreed. I also think so.

But they do get to spend xp on skill and OL do get to spend xp on cards.

Setup: Perform all normal rules for game setup. In addition, each hero
receives 4 experience points worth of Class cards and 100 gold. The
overlord then receives 4 experience points worth of Overlord cards.
Any gold and unspent experience points may be saved to spend in
future Campaign phases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fscx
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember they get the xp and money during the set up phase and can spend it then. Set up happens before you travel to gold digger. All they did was use a variant of the Epic play rules from the main rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.