7 Posts

Battles of Westeros» Forums » Rules

Subject: questions...again questions :) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
alex veve
Romania
flag msg tools
i learnd the game but...there are somme questions and i must have second advices
1. i understand that arcers don't have melle attack but can they get stalwart if they are flanked?
2. i know what is a flanking and a coordonated attack, but if a have 3 units engaged...2 are in flanking and one in coordonated attack, the one with the coordonated gain the dices from the one that first engaged or from bouth units,the engaged one and the flanking one?
3.if mi morale is green below the little arrow sign, can it get higher or the maximum i can go higher is the little arrow sign?(i find it more fun if it can never go above the little arrow sign so u are forced to really take care of your morale )
4. if i play flip this card in one turn can i restore it to colour card at the begining of every round?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Popow
Poland
Gdynia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Ranged units can be Stalwart just like any other units.
2. I don't understand the question.
3. It can get higher, but it won't happen automatically. You need to make something that will increase your morale (kill an enemy unit or use a morale token for instance).
4. If by "this card" you mean a Commander card, then once you flip him to a gray side it will stay like that until the end of the game. It's a one-time ability only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex veve
Romania
flag msg tools
sorry for the second one;it goes like this: a unit is engaged with another one and a second one is flanking it.A third unit is also there but in a coordonated attack.Is this unit gaining dices from bouth other units or only from the one that have the engagement token?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Popow
Poland
Gdynia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's see if I understand it correctly. There's an enemy unit surrounded by three of your units, out of which one is engaged with that enemy unit. Now you have a card, say, "Order 3 Units" and choose these 3 units of yours to make a coordinated attack. If you do so then one of them will be leading this coordinated attack and remaining two will give their dice pool minus one (each) to the leader.

However I still don't understand what you mean by "one is engaged, one is flanking and one is in a coordinated attack". Let me put it like this: engagement is permanent, however flanking is only at the moment of attack. If your unit is just adjacent to an enemy unit and not engaged with it, you don't say you're flanking that unit. Same refers to being in a coordinated attack - that term means such unit is attacking at this very moment - is that what you meant?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex veve
Romania
flag msg tools
thnx, now i get it that bouth units give theyr dices to the third one
thnx a lot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Dreske
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"one is in a coordinated attack" makes no sense because a coordinated attack is a way to attack with _multiple_ units. I guess what you wanted to say is that one unit leads the coordinated attack (of all three) as Bart said.

In a coordinated attack, you attack with multiple units at once, instead of one after the other. The lead attacker will get to actually perform the attack, and the other units give their dice (minus one).
If the engagement token has been placed the round before, it works as Bart said, you can attack with all three, choose one as main attacker and have the other two give dice.
If you did attack with one unit first (and thats why the target is engaged by it), that unit will not give extra dice for the coordinated attack, since its attack is already spent.

Note that coordinated attacks are only considered flanking attacks (and thus allow the lead attacker to reroll) if _all_ units participating in the coordinated attack are flanking the target.

That is, if the target is already engaged with one of the units, or is not engaged at all and the lead attacker places a new engagement token, the coordinated attack will be no flanking attack.
If the target is engaged with someone completely different or you have one unit attack and engage first, then make a coordinated attack with the two remaining ones, you will be able to perform a coordinated flanking attack.

As for 4) there are some possible ways to flip a card back, but it will not happen on its own. Either the cards flip ability tells you when to flip back (like Robb Stark, Gregor Clegane) or some tactics on command cards tell you to do so (as found in the Baratheon expansion).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex veve
Romania
flag msg tools
clear now, cristal clear thnx Jan and Bart
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.