Popular Tags: [View All]
Kohei Nomura
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love and miss old Mage Knight. And I found that I can't search same kind of games in AdvSearch.

That is "Measure and Movement" system games. IMO, that is very distinctive mechanic and well worth independent Mechanic category.
("Miniature" Category does not work for this since more than 90% games in Miniature category are not Measure and Movement nowadays.)

The title can be "Real Distance" or "Actual Movement" to include Diskwars and Diceland: Deep White Sea kind of games.

And, yes, it will cover Warhammer and Warmachine and all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
"Measure and movement" seems a strange label for it, since many games involve movement, and there are a few games with continuous distances which don't have movement, but are placement games. Plus even on games with discrete grids, you often measure distances (by counting grid spaces instead of using a ruler).

The real distinguishing characteristic seems to me to be that the distances are continuous (typically in a 2-dimensional plane) instead of discrete (e.g. square grid, hex grid, triangle grid, irregular network/graph with point-to-point movement, etc.) so I'd suggest "Continuous distance" as a perhaps better label.

This would include many/most traditional/old-school miniatures games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kohei Nomura
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for suggestion. Since I'm not good at English, if there is better label that's welcome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.