Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Russ Hill
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Not sure if this is many peoples cup-of-tea, but the wife thought it sounded like a good game for the family - and help teach history too.

Let me say this: I've not played the game yet, but just opening the box makes you think you're getting a LOT for your money! The quality of the board seems good, card stock seems a little thin, but other pieces such as the money, the scrabble-style letters etc seem okay to me.

Maybe one for people who need components for P&P games?

English Quest

Hope this is helps someone!

Russ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Zoglmann
United States
Newnan
GA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for this, didn't get English Quest, but did pick up Ming Dynasty for £3.99, which is cheaper then amazon.co.uk. Never heard of the game, but for that price, oh well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Killian
United Kingdom
Wednesbury
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tehzmann wrote:
Thanks for this, didn't get English Quest, but did pick up Ming Dynasty for £3.99, which is cheaper then amazon.co.uk. Never heard of the game, but for that price, oh well.

I did the same thing last year. Enjoy devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Zoglmann
United States
Newnan
GA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it worth 3.99?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Porter
Wales
Cardiff
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tehzmann wrote:
Is it worth 3.99?

Yes, I enjoyed it. But don't rely on the rulebook - it's terrible and misses out some important stuff - check the rules forum on this site to really get the rules in your head before playing. It's a simple game - no need for it to be confusing really!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calum M
Scotland
flag msg tools
Mmmm, teacakes.
badge
There's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying 'til you run out of cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played this, but I have played the close relative Scottish Quest. It was a reasonably enjoyable Trivia game. If it's that cheap it's probably worth picking up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Marchant
United Kingdom
Staines
Middlesex
flag msg tools
A terrible terrible game that is so swingy its unbelievable.

The questions vary from the stupidly easy to the impossible.

One of the questions was: Which city is furthest East: X, Y or Z
Seems a good question, but all three cities were marked on the map that is the game board!

I love a good triva game, this was not it.

plus you can constantly land on the Joker cards and you will probably win (Via forcing opponents to lose coins) there is one card in there that lets you steal all the letters from another player. Reducing them to start over again (possibly with less coins than they started with). That is NOT fun after playing for a while.

The functions seem badly thought through, why would you ever go right to the bottom of Cornwall for moves, Airports seem redundant really, you would have to be very very unlucky to need to travel all the way from one end to the other without stopping in between. (plus, the coins the airport takes, you may as well travel up there and earn them)

Useless game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.