mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking for someone able to complete the work started by
Chris Roper
South Africa
Hout Bay
Western Cape
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

to provide a 3D graphics flavour for the Memoir '44 VASSAL Module. Either completing the set I already received from Chris by filling in the gaps with a compatible style, or provide a complete new set in your own style. I will provide all graphics I have so far, and a complete list of what a set needs. Each unit type/nation combination has a 24-bit transparent PNG. Graphics should be visible on top of terrain tiles and remember the position of the module elements such as badge and tokens.

Old preview from Chris:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to necro this thread, Bart (all) - did this go anywhere?

I would be all thumbs up for a different unit representation in the Vassal module, the current box art is indeed a bit weak when paired with the map art underneath. Especially when you then see the M44 Online app with the rendered figurines...

Are there really no 3D isometric models to be used, so that we could avoid using the original DoW pictures from the M44 Online app, while still retaining that feel?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried the 3d route first, but realized it would take WAY MUCH time to do it all right, so put it down.

Today I realized I have the "WW2 Tanks" font installed still, so picked up appropriate tank silhouettes and tried... the below Seems pretty good, will have to test it as a figurine counter in the module itself...

If this works, I will find the remaining tanks (also for the Special units and Panthers etc.) and the other symbols for guns and infantry. I am holding no promises here, but we shall see...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One more update for today, tried the above on hex underlays, had to alter the colors a bit for the german PzKpfw IV and also had to add black thick outlines, so that the silhouettes are more visible on the background.

Yes yes, there are 4 tanks, but this is mainly to simulate the Special Forces and how they all then fit into a hex. A bit cramped, but hey! The physical game is similar whistle

Overall, the outline separates them well from the background, I might still lighten the US Sherman a bit and while the blue of the german PzKpfw IV is according to the physical original in the game, perhaps a 50% grey would do as well, as you can see above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did I sa LAST update? No? Good

THIS is the last for today... Soldier silhouettes for the 5 major players done, French outstanding so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Test on a real scenario background:

EDIT: And the same with a few Tanks and a figurine reduction of units shown as well...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Touchet
msg tools
Is this still moving forward. I realize it's a lot of work, but also very exciting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The "lot of work" is the real show-stopper here. Sure, someone without a life outside M44 could pull off replacing all the unit pictures in the current module perhaps, but it is neither me, nor Bart (the module maintainer).

So a nice concept mainly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.