Hide
7 Posts

Saboteur 2 (expansion-only editions)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about profiter and boss rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aurimas Kaziliūnas
msg tools
If profiter or boss opens a gold card, and there is green doors on the way, and both green and blue team playing, so wins only green players and profiter/boss?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mercedes (Mandy)
Japan
Setagaya-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Tokyo Game Market here I come!
badge
Sorry if I'm slow in reading mails. I'm currently working hard on some Alley Thieves
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Question
I think that is correct.
If the only way to the gold treasure is through the green door, then the green team + boss + profiteer wins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Andrikonis
Lithuania
Vilnius
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
merc007 wrote:
I think that is correct.
If the only way to the gold treasure is through the green door, then the green team + boss + profiteer wins.

I believe this is wrong. Here is a quote from the rules (bolded by me): This is right as explained below.

Quote:
A team wins if:
● a dwarf from that team creates the connection to the treasure and the way there isn't blocked by a door of the other color, or;
● a dwarf from the other team creates the connection to the treasure, but the way there for his or her own team is blocked by a door of the wrong color
Both teams win (along with all other “non-Saboteurs”) if The Boss, The Geologist or The Profiteer creates the connection to the gold and the way there isn‘t blocked by a door of the other color.

"Both" is emphasised in the rules. So I would say in this case only profiteer and boss win. However, I have some doubts about the word "other" in the last sentence of the quotation. It somehow disagrees with "both".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Andrikonis
Lithuania
Vilnius
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way, could you please use more concrete subject of the thread? It will make easier for others to find an answer to similar question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aurimas Kaziliūnas
msg tools
Juliau, lietuviškai reiks pabendraut man atrodo, parašysiu į PM kada vėliau.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
twitch.tv/zenxacred
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
mbmbmbmbmb
Juliusan wrote:
merc007 wrote:
I think that is correct.

I believe this is wrong. Here is a quote from the rules (bolded by me):

Quote:
A team wins if:
● a dwarf from that team creates the connection to the treasure and the way there isn't blocked by a door of the other color, or;
● a dwarf from the other team creates the connection to the treasure, but the way there for his or her own team is blocked by a door of the wrong color
Both teams win (along with all other “non-Saboteurs”) if The Boss, The Geologist or The Profiteer creates the connection to the gold and the way there isn‘t blocked by a door of the other color.

"Both" is emphasised in the rules. So I would say in this case only profiteer and boss win. However, I have some doubts about the word "other" in the last sentence of the quotation. It somehow disagrees with "both".

Merc/mandy is correct. You should have read further down the rulebook which details a situation like this.

Quote:
Example for the distribution of Gold Pieces at the end of a round

Playing: 1 Blue and 2 Green Gold-Diggers, 1 Boss, 1 Profiteer and 2 Saboteurs.

The Boss completes the path to the goal card with the treasure. The path is blocked by a Blue Door. Both Saboteurs have a “Theft” card in front of themselves. One Saboteur has been trapped (having the “Trapped!” card in front of him).

The treasure is split like this: The Blue Gold-Diggers have won (including the Boss and the Profiteer).

Number of winners: 3 (1 Blue Dwarf, 1 Boss, 1 Profiteer). The Blue Dwarf receives 3 GP; the Boss gets 3-1=2 GP, the Profiteer gets 3-2=1 GP. The Saboteur who has played the “Theft” card takes 1 GP from any one of the other players. The other Saboteur, who has played the same card, gets nothing, as he‘s trapped.

(If a Green Gold-Digger had connected the treasure to the start card, the Blue team would have won anyway, as the path to the treasure is closed to the Green team by a Blue Door.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Andrikonis
Lithuania
Vilnius
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A well, I am wrong again. Thanks for pointing me to this explanation

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.