Japan
Setagaya-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Tokyo Game Market here I come!
badge
Sorry if I'm slow in reading mails. I'm currently working hard on some Alley Thieves
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi
I really really enjoy Saboteur, and finally got Saboteur 2 out, and I LOVE it!!!
I had a few questions after my first play

1. On the starting card there's a ladder, does that ladder connect to the outside world? or can it be used to connect to other ladders in the tunnels?

2. If someone rockslides a path card, and there's a ladder on the other side, since there's now a gap in the path, can dwarfs still use another ladder to reach the ladder past the rockslide?

e.g.
LADDER B
|
PATH
|
ROCKSLIDE
|
PATH--PATH--START SPACE--LADDER A
Ladder B can be reached by Ladder A even though there's a landslide in between?

3. If there is a blue door blocking the path, can you build/lay down a card on the other side of the door? (e.g. there are no other paths that connect to the other side at the moment, only the blue door's path)
a. If you are a green dwarf?
b. If you ARE a profiteer/boss/geologist?
c. If you are a saboteur?
e.g. If I were a saboteur, can I play a dead end on the otherside of the door? If I were the geologist, can I help build on the other side of the door?

Thank you so much for your help in advanced
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
merc007 wrote:
Hi
I really really enjoy Saboteur, and finally got Saboteur 2 out, and I LOVE it!!!
I had a few questions after my first play

1. On the starting card there's a ladder, does that ladder connect to the outside world? or can it be used to connect to other ladders in the tunnels?

2. If someone rockslides a path card, and there's a ladder on the other side, since there's now a gap in the path, can dwarfs still use another ladder to reach the ladder past the rockslide?

e.g.
LADDER B
|
PATH
|
ROCKSLIDE
|
PATH--PATH--START SPACE--LADDER A
Ladder B can be reached by Ladder A even though there's a landslide in between?

3. If there is a blue door blocking the path, can you build/lay down a card on the other side of the door? (e.g. there are no other paths that connect to the other side at the moment, only the blue door's path)
a. If you are a green dwarf?
b. If you ARE a profiteer/boss/geologist?
c. If you are a saboteur?
e.g. If I were a saboteur, can I play a dead end on the otherside of the door? If I were the geologist, can I help build on the other side of the door?

Thank you so much for your help in advanced

1 & 2) Yes, all ladders connect. So you can continue a path that starts at any ladder. You can also play a ladder card off of any tunnel, even a tunnel that you can't reach from a previous tunnel.

3) Any player can continue a path after a door. It is only at the end of the round does the door serve any purpose (to help determine winners). The type of job you are holding does not prevent you from playing cards beyond the door during the round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.