Adam Rouse
United States
Thibodaux
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Who did you choose?

My top pick: Rixia Van Sorrel. Got to go with the Planeswalkers always. I have played as Khadath on the iOS version so many times and haven't tired of his tricks. How can you go wrong with mathemagic?

My next pick: Lymn. Looks like a Pokemon.

Third: Abarene Unt Hallicris. Nature spirits are always cool in my book, and so are poisoners. It's a match made in some kind of poisonous heaven!

I forget which other three I picked because it was so hard to pick only six when all of them sounded neat. I think I forgot about Serafina though, unfortunately, as when I got toward the end I was picking by memory and character art. I hope the hologram cloner makes it.

All of these are intended for the third set no matter what, right? We are just picking three to get pushed forward into this set? I hope so!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My votes were:

1. Sera (love the concept art and her abilities could be fun)
2. Amon (I love defensive characters plus he smokes a pipe)
3. Burman (Nice looking character)
4. Rixia (My wife is a math teacher so she wanted me to vote for her, lol)
5. Abarene (We need a poison-based character)
6. Lymn (Non-humanoid character FTW)

Yes, I am sure the ones who do not make it into Devastation will be put into the 3rd expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My votes:

1. Dravil - The side-switching ability and range shenanigans sound like fun, as well as being the kind of thing that plays very differently against different opponents. Based on some of the comments on the KS, I dread the dumb anti-gay stuff people will say if he gets picked, but I guess that'll be their problem!

2. Rixia - I *love* the holstered keypads. And reality distortion mechanics.

3. Clive - Not as excited about the art, but I like the variety.

4. César - Favorite art, especially the full-length shot of him with hat and coat (suggesting he has some vulnerability to sunlight or something? I don't know, it looks cool). And I like the idea of someone with cyclical powers that aren't on the same three-beat clock everybody else's cards recycle on.

5. Jasper - Looks like he's the same race as Heketch, but a hero? Sign me up! Life drain also allows for dramatic comebacks, which are always fun.

6. Iri - I seem to be into the Variety characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Kester
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it sounded like they were going to put everyone who wasn't voted into Devastation into the eventual 3rd game.

Anyways here's what I think my vote was:

1. Cesar- I admit, I mostly voted for this guy because he looks awesome.
2. Wilhelm- I liked his little backstory and 4th wall breaking and whatnot. Plus, he lead to the term "luckomancer" which amuses me for some reason.
3. Amon- I'm pretty sure I mainly picked him because of his pipe. I guess I'm a bit susceptible to the cool looking characters
4. Jasper- This guy I actually picked because he had a cool ability. Plus I liked that he wasn't blatantly evil.
5. Burman- Going into this, I thought he was going to be my #1 for being a dragon and looking cool, but he got pushed down because those other 4 caught me off guard.
6. Serafina- I like her backstory and her ability sounds neat

Honorable Mention (I also considered these guys for my 6th vote):
Lymn, Baenvier, Iri, Dravil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitko Simidchiev
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
Check out our Bulgarian board games site BigBoxGamers.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got:

1. Iri (multiform for a price seems like a very different mechanic)
2. Jasper (liking the style-stealing mechanic)
3. Amon (a variety of defense options sounds cool)
4. Serafina (interested how the holograms would work)
5. Baenvier (Cadenza-like limited pool but it also boosts you over time)
6. Cesar (very cool art and feel. The mechanic sounds interesting too)

My ones I cared least for were:
1. Clive (not loving the art but also sounds too much like Joal to me)
2. Lymn (non-humanoid is weird and is an alternate form of Cherri making duels between those two weird flavor-wise)
3. Wilhelm (his theme sounds too close to Seth's to me with the base-calling)

That doesn't mean I dislike those 3 though, just more bleh compared to all the other exciting ones Great cast overall! I'll be excited for whoever makes it into the final game and, of course, for the third expansion that will include all the ones that didn't quite make it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My votes :
1) Larimore Burman. Love dragons and have always been partial to mages.

2) Iri. Really like the power up bit. Guess I watched too much DBZ years back.

3) Lymn. Like the whole back again story. And a planes shifter to boot. Seems like shed be interesting to play.

4) Baenvire Malgrove. Really likes the cursed equipment bit. I've a character in a game that does the same thing with cursed equipment so im partial.

5) Cesar. Looks like a bamf. Reminds me of Auron from Final Fantasy X.

6) Sara. Like demons. The forbidden power. And figures shed be a good protagonist for Cesar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tudero
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Amon - Forcefield manipulator!! Argagarg was one of my favourite characters back when I played Yomi. I like the idea of winning through lasting superior defense, rather than being a powerhouse character who is both tough and strong.

Sera - I like the character design (especially her weapon!) I liked new information that ties in with Shektur too. Seems like story-wise, she might eventually be a boss too if she gets enough pieces of her father, or maybe she resurrects her father

Lymn - Storywise, Lymn is Cherri. I like knowing what happened to her, and that she's still around. Her unique ability is pretty unique too, not really any priority centric characters to vote for.

Abarene - Poison! 'nuff said. I hope there isn't overlap with Kajia though.

Sarafin - I like the holomatrix. Seems very unique

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I had to make some tough choices, but here's where I ended up:

6. Larimore Burman - A black escalating powerhouse with a risk vs reward UA? Sign me up!

5. Jasper Haekel. I'm a sucker for villainous-looking good guys. And I love the counterpoint to Heketch from War.

4. Wilhem Barts - Great art, LOVE the mechanic.

3. Cesar Grist - Love his art and am very intrigued by his play style.

2. Magister Sarafina Vanedran - I love trickster-style play--Seth is one of my favorite characters from War. I also appreciate having a fully-covered female character, which doesn't happen nearly often enough in these kinds of games.

And my choice for the #1 spot:

1. Lymn - Cherri in dimension-walking wolf form! Also, trickster-style play.

There were several characters for whom I absolutely could not vote:

Baenvir - too similar to the concept for the main character of a game I've had in my back pocket for several years.

Irialandradayamorella - I'm intrigued by her ability and love saying her full name, but that outfit is just too Sailor Moon-y.

Dravil Coldwater - too similar to an Outcasts (fan expansion for BattleCON) character I've been developing (she uses music to manipulate wind). Although I didn't consider the "queen" aspect of the character until after voting, so now my liberal political views are causing me to regret dismissing him out of hand.

Here's hoping we get all 14 characters to the table at some point!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Frogman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jasper
Baenvier
Serafina
Lymn
Cesar
Sera

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rouse
United States
Thibodaux
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grasa_total wrote:
My votes:

1. Dravil - The side-switching ability and range shenanigans sound like fun, as well as being the kind of thing that plays very differently against different opponents. Based on some of the comments on the KS, I dread the dumb anti-gay stuff people will say if he gets picked, but I guess that'll be their problem!

Man, I am glad I haven't perused the comments recently if that is the case. I love the concept, should make for some interesting choices for both players. One of several characters that made me wish I could vote to get all of them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My picks:

1- Cesar: Powerhouses FTW!!!!!!
2- Larimore: Again, Escalating Powerhouse.
3- Baenvier: I enjoy playing the kind of character that just plows through spells and fights the way fighting should be. So...
4- Jasper: Simply because his look and story seems awesome.
5- Dravil: cause i enjoyed the possibilities of a character that changes according to the side. Gill feelings, though...
6- Clive: No reason at all, i enjoyed the little kid.

Amon is too similar to my original Bruno Vargas, that I'm reworking as part of my 8+1boss set, but i liked him. I would like Iri in the game. I like magical girl manga, so...

The only one i deffinitely wouldnt vote is Lymn, mostly because i simply straight out dislike Cherry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tudero
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
adamxpaul wrote:
grasa_total wrote:
My votes:

Man, I am glad I haven't perused the comments recently if that is the case. I love the concept, should make for some interesting choices for both players. One of several characters that made me wish I could vote to get all of them!

there is literally one negative comment about dravil in the ks comments!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ruderobot wrote:
adamxpaul wrote:
grasa_total wrote:
My votes:

there is literally one negative comment about dravil in the ks comments!

Actually, there is 3. Two of them are from the same person, though. One in the main comment session and other 2 in the comments session for the update.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dinobottm2 wrote:
Actually, there is 3. Two of them are from the same person, though. One in the main comment session and other 2 in the comments session for the update.

Sorry, I can easily believe I blew that out of proportion-- I looked relatively early, and those two comments were some of the first few.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grasa_total wrote:
dinobottm2 wrote:

Sorry, I can easily believe I blew that out of proportion-- I looked relatively early, and those two comments were some of the first few.

Don't worry, it happens. Sometimes it only takes one moron to make us wonder...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Roswurm
United States
Goodyear
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The comments on KS has nothing to do with being against gays. If you guys looked at the first game War of Indies, you would realize that there is a character already with the same abilities as Dravil. It's being ignorant to call someone a moron to think this has anything to do with being anti-gay. You need to get your facts straight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rouse
United States
Thibodaux
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, some place or another, there is a misunderstanding, so maybe we should just discuss the characters themselves.

Who in War is like Dravil, and in what way? I unfortunately don't have War yet but will be getting it as part of this Kickstarter. I'm getting five different games at once! surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I voted purely based on the mechanics. Well, except for Lymn, who I like the mechanics of, but also really like for being non-human, cool looking, and another form of Cherri. I feel like the "has a bunch of tokens, antes them for various stuff" characters can get a bit boring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
adamxpaul wrote:
Who in War is like Dravil, and in what way?

Kallistar Flarechild (the Fire Elemental). Dravil has two different effects on each of his styles and UB, which are triggered depending on his form. Unlike Kallistar, who has a 'pilot' (she switches her form on or off by a style effect), Dravil's form is regulated by which side of the stage he is standing on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rouse
United States
Thibodaux
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I was aware of her. I am surprised anyone would thinks he is too similar. The dependency on position is going to make both players think about how they move in a whole new way, which is the sort of thing I love in a new character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitko Simidchiev
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
Check out our Bulgarian board games site BigBoxGamers.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually I'd say Tatsumi is the one who comes to mind in that regard. Depending on her relative position to Juto and the opponent she gets different bonuses. While not technically forms they still make her game a whole lot about maneuvering to get the bonus you want for that particular beat (and she also has a plethora of movement options available to make it all happen).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the final day for voting, and just about half of the backers have cast their vote. Get yours in now if you haven't! I'm excited to see who was chosen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bwian, just
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tim_p wrote:
This is the final day for voting, and just about half of the backers have cast their vote. Get yours in now if you haven't! I'm excited to see who was chosen.

I just hope we don't have to hold a run-off... ninja whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The broken chads may hold us up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, can't say I voted for any of the top 3 except for Lymn, who I placed at 6th. Hopefully we will see all of the characters that didn't make the cut in Fate (or whatever it ends up being called).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.