Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
miloboy gogogo
Thailand
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I under stand Right ?

Bang the bullet = Bang 4th + High noon + Dodge city + 3 Exclusive character ?

Bang 10th anni = Bang 4th + 1 exclusive character ?

I already own the bullt so I don't know why I should get The 10th for additional 1 character ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Seb. ●leoskyangel●
Malaysia
Bangsar & PJ
flag msg tools
badge
I play games not to win, it's the gathering that's important - Thanks for the tip Cate108!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it's the "10th anniversary" edition and it comes with wooden bullets, in addition to the cool looking new boards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
miloboy gogogo
Thailand
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so it's just luxurious bang 4th ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter J
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which one is recommended for someone who does not own any of the sets yet?

I was thinking on the Anniversary Edition, but The Bullet seems like a much better value. I only want to buy one or the other, and I really don't want to end up buying both...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Get the bullet. I have never owned a version with the mats and bullets, and to be honest, the whole thing has just seemed stupid to me. The cards already have an elegant mechanism to track life using the backs of the cards that works great, and adding those extra bits just seems to give the game more pieces for no real reason.

Components aside, you are trading 3 exclusive characters in the bullet for 3 in the anniversary edition; however, the bullet at least comes with a couple of blank cards (I don't know if the anniversary edition does) so at the very least, you could include a couple in your game that way.

Edit: Here is a post I did previously comparing the 4th edition to the bullet. I am fairly certain that besides the upgraded components, the anniversary is the same as the 4th edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Berg
Canada
flag msg tools
Anniversary Edition has all the original characters and adds one limited edition as well as the following characters:

Apache Kid - Dodge City
Chuck Wengam - Dodge City
Jose Delgado - Dodge City
Pixie Pete - Dodge City
Big Spencer - Wild West Show
Youl Grinner - Wild West Show
Madam Yto - Gold Rush
Colorado Bill - Valley of Shadows
Henry Block - Valley of Shadows
Annie Versary - 10th Anniversary

I presume this is just a stand alone copy with all characters... doubt they would release expansion boosters for the other cards.

Quote:
I don't know if the anniversary edition does

No blank cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The bullet is cool and better value really, but I opted for the 10th anniversary edition simply because as cool as the bullet is, it is one annoying game to store or display. I already have some of those annoying non-boxlike games, such as the 10th anniversary of Carcassonne, and it bothers me. The tin for the Bang! 10th anniversary edition is nice too because if you remove the useless insert, there is room enough to fit many expansions in there. Only problem is that tins like that bend and dent easily. The bullet is such a ridiculous casing for a game, especially a card game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I got the 10th anniversary edition because I didn't want to deal with the bullet case, but I eventually caved and picked up the bullet anyway to get the bonus characters and the "high noon" and "fistful of cards" expansions, which are difficult to find. For that reason the bullet is really the better set, although at my FLGS the bullet cost over $40 while the 10th anniversary edition cost under $20.

I also had the original dodge city expansion, so when I bought the bullet I just gave the base set from the 10th anniversary edition and the old dodge city set to a friend who wanted the game. Then I kept the new base set and dodge city from the bullet. I of course kept any bonus characters, and both versions of pixie pete (the old one he is overpowered). So it worked out pretty well.

I must second the comments about the cases as well. The bullet is useless and I will keep it just so that I can sell it with the set down the road. The 10th anniversary tin on the other hand is brilliant. I currently have the base set, dodge city, high noon, fistful of cards, gold rush, wild west show, all the instructions for every set, the player mats and wooden bullets, AND bang the dice game, all stored snugly into the 10th anniversary tin. You can't beat that. And it isn;t even really full, as I keep the base set and dodge city cards together in an upper deck card holder box, which takes up extra room, and I also kept the old dodge city box so that I can neatly store all the characters, roles, and extraneous cards together, and that box fits inside the tin with everything else.

So in the end I recommend you get both and do what I did!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
devinology wrote:
... and picked up the bullet anyway to get the bonus characters and the "high noon" and "fistful of cards" expansions, which are difficult to find. For that reason the bullet is really the better set...

Not true, they just republished these 2 expansions together last year:

BANG! High Noon/A Fistful of Cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
Graz
Styria
flag msg tools
This user is a professional crastinator
badge
This user is a professional crastinator
mbmbmbmbmb
DomaGB wrote:
devinology wrote:
... and picked up the bullet anyway to get the bonus characters and the "high noon" and "fistful of cards" expansions, which are difficult to find. For that reason the bullet is really the better set...

Not true, they just republished these 2 expansions together last year:

BANG! High Noon/A Fistful of Cards

But only the Bullet contains the unreleased "New Identity" and "Handcuffs" cards from the "High Noon" expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.