Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pablo
Italy
Arezzo
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi everyone,
Last night a friend of mine invited me for a game night. I brought Room 25 and that was what we started with we played 6 players suspicion mode and i was one of the guards. A player (whose identity was unknown) died during the second turn as he accidentally entered the mortal chamber. Later on, Room 25 was discovered and i chiose to reveal my identity to stop the others reaching it . During the final turn, everyone but me and another player (3 players, since one was already dead) succeded in reaching the exit and moved it out of the complex: that was not possible and we declared victory for the guards. Reading the rules, the prisoners win the game if 1) they ALL enter the exit and move it out or 2) there's at most ONE prisoner dead or still far away from the exit but the others are in the Room 25 white it's moved out of the complex.
Since i declared myself as a guard, they didn't have to wait for me; but what happens with the other player still missing? He didn't reach it the exit (he was a secret guard).
This means that, everytime someone dies, the prisoners won't be' alle to escape unless they kill someone else (hoping he's a guard) just to unveil the hidden roles of the dead charachters? Another possibility would be having the absolute majority inside the exit room and force the other to reveal their identities..
Playing This way, it's almost impossible for the prisoners to escape if one of them dies in the Middle of the game.
Waiting for your point of view,
This game is an absolute gem!!!
Have a nice day and Sorry for my english..
Regards,
Pablo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rules:

Quote:
At any time during the game, if the absolute majority of the characters are in Room 25, the absent player(s) MUST immediately reveal their identities.

So in your case, everybody should've revealed and the prisoners would've won since the last missing person was also a guardian.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo
Italy
Arezzo
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
In a 6 players game, i guess that the absolute majority means 4 players...
In my case, 3 players reached the exit: one was dead, one was far away (not revealed) and the other one was me but, as an exposed guard, they didn' t have to wait for me. So, i twink that they lost the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would interpret the absolute majority as the majority of players that are still alive !

But I'll ask François and I'll let you know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
françois rouzé
France
flag msg tools
designer
yes majority is always related to characters alive.
So here second guardian would have revealed and prisoners would have won.

When a prisoner dies early in the game it clearly means that game will be tough for the other prisoners as nobody can escape before last turn. This is why I always advice beginners to always look rooms before entering.
Taking a deadly risk before last turns is not necessary and gives a lot of chance for the guardians to win.

Hope to read some other thrilling game stories of ROOM 25. Enjoy !

Francois Rouzé
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GiB GiB
France
flag msg tools
Does it mean that if the dead prisoner was alive, the guards would have won ?

My understanding of the rule was : if the number of players in the exit room is at least the number of prisoners required to leave the complex, then everyone outside the room reveals his identity to check whether the prisoners can leave or not.

Meaning, in a 6-player game with 2 guards, to provoke a reveal you need at least 4 players on the exit room during a non-last turn, or at least 3 players during the last turn, independantly of the number of dead players.

This prevents suicide from being a viable strategy, not sure if that was the spirit of the rules or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.