Subject: Mythos cards and Blood Ties question. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean L
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I was going to play blood ties yesterday for my second game of MoM, when I realized that I didn't have clarification on "outdoor" rules for horror checks. I understand LoS for attacking (the white dots for range and such), but I couldn't find the rules for how horror checks apply - maybe I had read them in the call of the wild book or something. If someone can clarify that would be great.

Also for Classroom Curse, while not monster heavy, I get you exploit darkness and mythos/trauma cards. Here are a few questions though:

1) Can I play as many mythos cards per player as I can pay for them, or only one per player per turn.

2) I get that trauma cards are played when a player takes damage or horror, if I play a mythos card that inflicts horror can I then play a trauma card.

3) In hindsight I could have swore I was only allowed to put 1 trauma card on an investigator at a time, though I had upwards of 2 on each - is this this case?

We still had a fun game, but I got one investigator to 0 sanity and had him kill the other with a 0 sanity card - I feel like if you pick Harvey you need to stick with the group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Smith
United Kingdom
Pimlico
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yarr Im A Pirate wrote:
I was going to play blood ties yesterday for my second game of MoM, when I realized that I didn't have clarification on "outdoor" rules for horror checks. I understand LoS for attacking (the white dots for range and such), but I couldn't find the rules for how horror checks apply - maybe I had read them in the call of the wild book or something. If someone can clarify that would be great.

Also for Classroom Curse, while not monster heavy, I get you exploit darkness and mythos/trauma cards. Here are a few questions though:

1) Can I play as many mythos cards per player as I can pay for them, or only one per player per turn.

2) I get that trauma cards are played when a player takes damage or horror, if I play a mythos card that inflicts horror can I then play a trauma card.

3) In hindsight I could have swore I was only allowed to put 1 trauma card on an investigator at a time, though I had upwards of 2 on each - is this this case?

We still had a fun game, but I got one investigator to 0 sanity and had him kill the other with a 0 sanity card - I feel like if you pick Harvey you need to stick with the group.

1) One per player per turn.
2) Yep - no less expected from an evil keeper devil
3) Each investigator can only have 1 physical and 1 mental trauma at any time. Playing a new one on that investigator discards the previous one (they have adjusted to the condition !)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean L
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Awesome thanks. There's always some minor rule that gets overlooked in the first few games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.