Carcassonne: The Count of Carcassonne» Forums » Rules

Subject: Count of Carcassonne... confused! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carmine Migliore
Malta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys, I am pretty new to Carcassonne world but I love this game too much.

I would like you to clarify some rules regarding the Count expansion.

1) I can move one follower to one (including the quarter which the Count stands on) Carcassonne quarter ONLY IF I complete a feature giving one or many opponents at least one point and I don't score anything. If I place a road occupied by one opponent (giving him 1 point) but the road isn't closed yet, can I move one follower to Carcassonne?

2) if answer to 1 is NO, when I place a road tile that closes the road and my opponent scores, can I move one of my follower to the blacksmith and score as many points as my opponent did? Or the sequence is:

- my tile closes opponent's road;
- players can move followers from Carcassonne blacksmith to that road;
- I can move follower on one of Carcassonne quarters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim T

Massachusetts
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Welcome!

The Count of Carcassonne is a very underrated expansion in my opinion. There's a lot of fun strategy involved in it.

To your questions-

1. The answer is no- you can only place a follower in the City of Carcassonne if you trigger immediate scoring for an opponent, while scoring nothing for yourself. Future scoring doesn't count.

2. As to your second question, you can only place a follower in the City if your opponent scores, and you score nothing. So, if you place a tile that completes an opponent's road, you CAN drop a follower from the Blacksmith area onto the road to share points, but you could not then add a follower to the City (because you scored that round).

Similarly, you cannot place a tile, move a follower to the City of Carcassonne, and then redeploy that follower all in the same turn.

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek Szczepanik
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) You must trigger a scoring in order to move the follower to Carcasonne. In case of the road you have to COMPLETE the road of other player.

2) ON SUBSEQUENT TURNS, if you have a meeple in the blacksmith quarter, you can move it onto a currently scored road. After redeploying all the meeples from the Blacksmith quarter, the majority is determined. After that the road is scored. Note, that if you have more than one meeple in the Blacksmith quarter, you can move them all onto the finished road. If you already have a meeple in the blacksmith quarter and add a tile that closes your opponent's road, you may EITHER:

(i) move a meeple from the blacksmith quarter onto that road, determine the majority and score points (NOTE THAT IN THIS CASE YOU SCORE, SO YOU CAN'T ADD A NEW MEEPLE TO CARCASSONNE)

OR:

(ii) allow your opponent to score and add a meeple to the blacksmith quarter of Carcassonne.

However, if the Count resides in the blacksmith quarter of Carcassonne, you CAN'T move your meeple onto the road.

In addition, ewach time you add a meeple to Carcassonne, you can move the Count to the quarter of your choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is something to help you get the very best out of your Carcassonne games

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?6wkcvknm3mgdlzw

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marek Jasiunas
Poland
Koszalin
zachodnio-pomorskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or you can look there:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/895896/carcassonne-completel...

the newest S-CAR v6.2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carmine Migliore
Malta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all guys and sorry for my bad English

Another one: can I move my follower in already occupied Carcassonne quarters?

2) In the last move, all followers in Carcassonne (apart from one or more follower in the quarter where the Count stands on) MUST move on a feature? Even if any feature isn't complete by placing the last tile?

Thanks to everyone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thread moved to The Count of Carcassonne» Forums » Rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Green
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
22764636 wrote:
Thank you all guys and sorry for my bad English

Another one: can I move my follower in already occupied Carcassonne quarters?

2) In the last move, all followers in Carcassonne (apart from one or more follower in the quarter where the Count stands on) MUST move on a feature? Even if any feature isn't complete by placing the last tile?

Thanks to everyone

6 months late, so you might not need an answer any more, but here goes:

1) There is no limit to the number of Meeples on each part of Carcassonne, so you can move your follower regardless of how many other followers there are in the big city.

2) Yes, the Meeples are moved to uncompleted features; the key element is that the feature is being scored, not that it is complete. At the end of the game you score uncompleted features for partial points. Note that with the Count you are given a chance to move Meeples to unoccupied features too, so remember to give everyone a chance to move their Meeples to the features that they want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.