Michel Sorbet
Poland
Lublin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Wojennik TV - wargame channel on YouTube
mbmbmbmbmb
Sunday is often a day when I take my children and go visit my parents. On most occasions I bring a boardgame and play with my Dad or my brother Pierre. Today was such a day too.

Four times in a row I brought 51st State and each time something prevented us from playing the game. I am far from being superstitious but this time I decide to bring something else. I chose D-Day Dice - it is quick and simple to teach.

This decision proved fruitful as just half an hour after reaching my parents house I was already sitting with my brother in the kitchen and explaining the rules of the game.

We started with Exercise Tiger. The game went very smoothly and we managed to reach the bunker without any major problem.

"Phew. What an easy game" - said Pierre and reached for another board.
"You'll see now" - I told him as he was looking at board no 8.

We prepared the scenario and after a few minutes we were ready to attack the Merville Battery.

First turn rolling proved.... decisive as both Pierre and I didn't roll ANY SOLDIER - both our units were wiped out. That was one the fastest games I have ever played!

"Well. That was fast" - we both laughed, took the dice and restarted the scenario.

This time we played a little longer. We chose the path on the right of the board, managed to grab the amphetamines and to reach sector 11 directly in front of the bunker. Unfortunately we were wiped out by machine guns (I rolled a 5 and a 6...).

And so started game no 3 on this map

We tried a different approach starting on the left side. Rolling was good and our units were counting more than 30 soldiers.

We managed to cut the wires and reach sector 6. Unfortunately again machine gun fire proved deadly! We rolled a 6 after the advance and had to take huge casualties.

Again rolling went poor and even though we entered sector 10 and then 13, we were short of soldiers. 15 losses were to much for us and so the game was lost once again.

Supper was being served so we called it a day.
"Not so easy, I would say" - Pierre stated. A somehow different declaration than after Exercise Tiger.

I had a great time. I hope next time we will be able to overcome this scenario!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Veillet
Canada
Boucherville
Québec, Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rules, If I remember correctly, there is a saying like Mulligan style... If no soldier are shuffle, once in a game, you can reroll all dice as if you hav'nt played them yet. Or something alike.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Sorbet
Poland
Lublin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Wojennik TV - wargame channel on YouTube
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes - it is an optional rule. We did not use it as it was the first turn. We just restarted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.