Subject: This game looks brilliant and I cannot wait to play it rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Weston Ferguson
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
Back when it was announced I was like, meh that looks interesting but I don't know, more excited for the new Bioshock board game. Then as time went on I kept my eye on it and went from not sure to man I wish I would have preordered it.

Especially since I just watched the Watch it Played by Rodney. AND HOLEY MOLEY. I mean wow I haven't even played the game, but seeing how all the bits and pieces of this game fit together I can see this one being amazing. I don't quite know how to describe it, but it's like all the mechanics are from different genres, but go together really nice, everything seems to compliment each other. In short if you haven't go watch Rodney's video. Hopefully it will get you as jazzed to play this game as I am.

Hopefully I won't have to wait to long for my FLGS to get this one in. I'm also really excited for any future designs from Issac Vega.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rouse
United States
Thibodaux
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoping to play my copy tonight, though probably just one on one if so.

What I have been impressed with is that each aspect of the game is very simple and easy to explain... but it interweaves several systems like this that make that initial four turns per round limit pretty challenging.

And I only realized this from playing a learning game against myself, but the fact that you need an action to reshuffle your deck mid-round means you need to worry about action efficiency, hand management, and DECK management.

I actually had the opposite reaction you had at first because I only ever played a demo of Bioshock 1 and didn't care that much (though the atmosphere was fantastic) because I suck at shooters. But after not even playing the game but just looking at it, I'm convinced I'll need Siege of Columbia, too.

(And maybe I should try Bioshock again while I'm at it...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Clark
United States
Greenville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You should definitely play bioshock again! I'm sub-mediocre at shooters, but as long as you don't play it on hard, the AI is not too difficult. Great story - the first one, not Bioshock 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
I played City of Remnants yesterday.
It's fantastic.

It's so much deeper than I expected. The decision tree is immense, both from a strategic standpoint and a tactical one. The variable setup means that it'll stay fresh for many many replays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.