Subject: The Finnish Trilogy Samples rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mikael Grönroos
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
mb
The first in a series of samples from The Finnish Trilogy 1939-1945 can be viewed here: www.mikugames.com/MrM101

Check it out!

//Miku
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuukka
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you could make the complete rules available online, I'm sure you would get more people interested in the trilogy.

I hope these get published as there aren't any games on the Lapland war, which is the part of the trilogy I'm most interested in because the events happened right where I do my hunting, gathering and fishing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikael Grönroos
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Yes, I'm planning to show the complete Master Rules manual and also a couple of pages from the Rules Booklets - soon.

//Miku
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikael Grönroos
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Here is what I wrote to all in the Finnish Trilogy mailing list:

It’s soon end of March 2013. Current pre-order status is 270, which means that 180 (!) more pre-orders are needed for The Finnish Trilogy 1939-1945® before I can start any printing process and order the custom made dice. Basically, I need 180 pre-orders for the Vol. 1 Winter War 1939-1940 game only to cover all expenses.

For the past three weeks I have been working 70% (as a music teacher) and mainly during evenings. This means that the game project has received very little attention during this time. The substitute period is over, at least for now, so I can again focus more on these games. Also, as I have mentioned earlier, the amount of inspiration and energy for the project at this point (this is the 10th year) is mainly dependent on the number of pre-orders received, if you know what I mean.

I promised a while ago to post the entire Master Rules Manual. I have now done this on: www.mikugames.com/MrM101. It’s not yet quite finished, but I thought that you could see where I’m at right now. You are more than welcome to comment and give me feedback on the MRM. I’m definitely not a pro on writing a well-written rules manual, so there are probably a couple of issues in there. I will eventually also show some play examples. I really hope these two measures will generate in more pre-orders.

Unless pre-orders are really starting to come in by 1st of June 2013 (I need at least 350 pre-orders by then to feel that there is any point to continue), I will have no other choice but to halt this project and pay back the money I have received so far. I will not, and I cannot, keep other peoples money for ages. I will very likely keep on working on these games, improving and playtesting them even further, but with no pressure or deadlines. In fact continue with the project more as a hobby than a business, and maybe release them in a year or two, or maybe in 2017 when Finland is celebrating its 100th years of independence ;-) …?

BUT, LET US HOPE THAT THESE GAMES WILL HIT THE MARKET SOMETIMES AFTER THIS SUMMER!

Best regards,
Miku

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.