Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco
Germany
BW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

looks awesome, this game. How is the replayability or to put it in other terms: When you start from scratch, how is the stuff randomized?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Raid targets and sizes are randomised (based on current target priorities). Then there's the dreaded 'Advance Time: 0' card, that is: you are not really sure how long a time segment will actually last. Cards are reshuffled at the end of the day as well.

It's quite replayable. However, I find the first two/three raid days are deciding. If you get a good draw of hands it makes the rest of the campaign so much easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Osborne
England
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As the previous poster said it is fairly random with the targets, raid sizes, no of raids etc etc. So you never quite know what you are going to get.

BUT if you play the game in a particular way (there is enough discussion elsewhere on this forum) there is an optimal way to tactically play the game (Lion anyway) that is somewhat historically inaccurate but does ensure a higher win/loss ration in the players favour, which may affect the player's need to play again.

I have yet to play Eagle so cannot comment on that. It is a great game and I have thoroughly enjoyed playing it and like to experiment with the tactics to play 'what if' scenarios.

Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Fung
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How do I put this... As Markus and Paul said, no two raid days are the same. Raids will hit different parts of England with different timing, raid compositions and squadron availability will vary, then random events mix things up.

However, to elaborate on what Paul said, to the Lion player it often feels like you're making the same decisions over and over: Who patrols now? Who intercepts now? Because the Lion player is a reactive player, that is what you do all day. The "particular way" that Paul refers to makes these decisions more black and white. Historically, Fighter Command tried to judge exactly how many squadrons to use to intercept. That isn't an easy decision given the lack of information. However, there is a way to play Lion where the decisions are much simpler, and you win much more. There's probably a way to house rule this though.

The replayability in Eagle is similar. There are a lot of variable to juggle: which radars are down, location of raids, timing the raids, hoping you have enough fighters for afternoon raids, etc. However, some people have 'solved' the Eagle game as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.