Miguel
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Had this situation comme up:

Two creatures are adjacent to a summoned stone, and high Mage Quellen uses Molten Fury from afar.

1) does the first creature's adjacency to the summoning stone automatically give a surge to the attack (as would be the case if Quellen was attacking directly, according to the summoned stone card)?
2) can Quellen use a Valour token he has to get +1 damage, as though he was attacking directly?

My vote on both of these is yes, since the Molten Fury card states "perform an attack...", not "the Summoned Stones attack"

Related question:
3) a Summoned Stone attacks an adjacent creature (Terracall was exhausted this turn). Would Quellen be able to use a Valour token? and would the attack automatically have surge if the attacked creature is adjacent?

Here, my vote is no because the wording is different, stating that the Stone is attacking. What induces confusion is the fact that the Stone is using Quellen's weapon. Is it just a case of poor wording, and in fact it's Quellen attacking through the stone?

With all these "attacks through the Summoned Stone" abilities, I think a few oddities will crop up. Any clarification would be very much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.M. Proc
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes, Molten Fury is the hero attacking, not the stone... This is the advantage of getting skills like this... So yes, the hero would get the free surge...

2) I haven't actually played with the valor tokens yet, but I would also say yes, because again it is the hero attacking, so anything the hero could do on a normal attack can be done on a Molten Fury attack...

3 Attacks from a Summoned Stone due to Terracall do not get the extra surge and would not be able to use valor, because Terracall allows the stone to attack, not the hero...

As another example, I played the geomancer with Widow Tarha, whose hero ability allows rerolling any one die once per round... So Tarha could reroll a die on a Molten Fury attack, but the Stone can't reroll a die on a Terracall attack...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Yeah, that follows my interpretation as well. I just can't get my head wrapped around how the Stone uses the hero's equipment if it's not the hero attacking.

Either way, unless I hear otherwise we'll keep playing according to the wording.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.