Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
"I don't flirt. I just say what I want." -JJ
badge
"Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass." -Cordelia
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the sixth Two Rooms and a Boom PBF! I'll be your host. This is my first time hosting so bear with me while I try to do my best

Players Signed up:

1. Whirlingdervish
2. Mmazala
3. Nolemonplease
4. Talusproteus
5. Slinkydink
6. Azgard12
7. Vanderscamp
8. Clyde
9. Itsbrianyay
10. ThaPauly
11. Mfl123
12. Jarekwarsaw

As always, you can sign up for the next pbf game in this thread: 2R1B PBF Waiting Room - sign up for a game here!

Rules intro wrote:
Two Rooms and a Boom is a social deduction, hidden role game. There are two teams, the Red Team and the Blue Team. The Blue Team has a President. The Red Team has a Bomber. Players are equally distributed between two rooms (separate playing areas). The game consists of 5 timed rounds. At the end of each round, some players will be traded into opposing rooms. If the Red Team’s Bomber is in the same room as the President at the end of the game, then the Red Team wins. Otherwise the Blue Team wins.

PBF Rules wrote:
At the start of the game, the moderator will create two different "room" threads (labeled something like "PBF#1 - The Bunker - Round 1" and "PBF#1 - The Command Post - Round") and a "main" thread (this one) in which the mod posts all of the "commands" during the game (like, "Jimmy Dean moves from The Bunker to the Command Post"). The mod then randomly assigns all players to the two rooms and deals out randomly their roles via private message. The mod then begins the first round by posting something like: ROUND 1 WILL END 24 HOURS FROM NOW

Each round is a day. All players assigned into a room MUST NOT CHEAT and look at the other room's thread. They may only read and post in their assigned room. Over the course of the round, each room's leader will select a number of hostages (round and player count dependent) to transfer to the other room. If a leader does not submit a person to switch within the time limit, the mod will select hostages randomly from that room and move them.

After the mod as moved the players, two new threads for the next round will be created. Players may not look back at the "old" rooms until the game is finished. Leadership is maintained between rounds.

Electing a Leader

To elect a leader for a room, players vote for any player in their room. They do this by bolding "Vote for Jimmy". Once a player has enough votes equal to more than half the number of players in the room (a majority), that player is leader.

A leader remains the leader of a room until:
• Leader leaves the room. If the leader chooses himself to leave the room, then they must choose someone else to be the new leader for that room.
• A revote occurs and a new player receives the majority votes

Revealing

During the course of the game, players can do what is called a "co-reveal" or a "color-reveal". If you co-reveal with a player, you reveal to them your role and they reveal to you their role. If a players wish to do a co-reveal, they must in their room's thread publicly state, "I wish to do a co-reveal with Jesse." "Jesse" must then also say, "I wish to do a co-reveal with Jimmy." After both players have "locked in" their wish to co-reveal via bolding, they are FORCED to divulge their role card with the other player (ie, you can't back out if you realize you're about to reveal to a player on the other team). If they wish to do a color-reveal, it is the same type of situation, except that you only share the color of your card (red, blue, or gray). There must be 10 players playing before color-reveals are allowed.

What if a player wishes to back out of a reveal prior to the actual reveal? Let's say A puts in bold that they wish to reveal with B. Prior to B putting in bold that they will reveal with A, A can back out of the reveal by putting in another message, in bold, saying they no longer wish to reveal. Once B puts in their reveal orders, however, the reveal is required by both parties, regardless of whether they wanted to reveal or not. No cheating! The mod WILL intervene if required (but would rather you sort it out yourself).

Players are also allowed to simply show another player their color or role if they'd like. To do this, a player would publicly state and bold in his room's thread, "I show Jesse my color".

And, if you'd like, you can publicly reveal your role to the room, by bolding your color or role. If it's bold, you cannot lie.

To summarize, we have:

• Offer [color/co-reveal] to Jesse - to propose a color or co-reveal to player
• Accept [color/co-reveal] from Jesse - to accept a color or co-reveal from player
• Revoke [color/co-reveal] offer to Jesse - to cancel a previous color or co-reveal offer to player
• Private reveal [color/role] to Jesse - share role/color with player
• I am [color/role] - share color/role with room

Private Messaging

Private messaging will be allowed this game. Private messages must be:

• Approximately 100 characters.
• Announced in the public thread who you whispered to, via a bolded action, "Whisper to Jesse"

You are allowed to whisper to multiple people at once for one action. "Whisper to Jesse, Jimmy, Jane."

There's still no limit on private messages (whispers) you can send.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edna Lindebury
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roleset

THE BLUE TEAM

President - Blue Team wins if you do not gain the "dead" condition.

Doctor - must reveal with the President before the end of the last round, or the President gains the "dead" condition and the Blue Team cannot win.

Gorgon - any player that co-reveals with the you gains the "stoned" condition. "Stoned" players may no longer vote. Note: "stoned" players may, but do not have to rescind any votes they cast before becoming "stoned."

Medic - any player that co-reveals with the you has all of their acquired conditions removed from them. For example, a player who has been "stoned" by a Gorgon would no longer have the "stoned" condition after co-revealing with you. This does not make yourself immune to acquiring conditions, as you might need to find the opposing Medic.

Nazi - during any round but the last, you may publicly reveal your card and automatically become the leader. However, your card must remain publicly revealed for the rest of the game (your first post for each subsequent round must have your colour and role bolded whether you are the leader or not). This means that you can only use this power once.
Once you use your power you cannot be usurped as leader until the start of the next round unless the other Nazi uses their power after you. You remain leader in the next round (unless you change rooms) but can be usurped as normal.

Enforcer - once per round, you may PM your role to two players (make sure to post both your role and color bolded). You must say to your target players, "You MUST reveal your card to one another." Those two players must co-reveal to one another (not you). You can NOT use this power on yourself, but another Enforcer can use their power on you.

THE RED TEAM

Bomber - everyone in the same room as you at the end of the game gains the "Dead" condition if you have co-revealed with the Engineer (otherwise the bomb fizzles and nobody dies). The Red Team wins if the President gains the "Dead" condition and the bomb does not fizzle.

Engineer - must reveal with the Bomber before the end of the last round, or the bomb fizzles (does not go off) and the Red Team loses.

Gorgon - any player that co-reveals with the you gains the "stoned" condition. "Stoned" players may no longer vote. Note: "stoned" players may, but do not have to rescind any votes they cast before becoming "stoned."

Medic - any player that co-reveals with the you has all of their acquired conditions removed from them. For example, a player who has been "stoned" by a Gorgon would no longer have the "stoned" condition after co-revealing with you. This does not make yourself immune to acquiring conditions, as you might need to find the opposing Medic.

Nazi - during any round but the last, you may publicly reveal your card and automatically become the leader. However, your card must remain publicly revealed for the rest of the game (your first post for each subsequent round must have your colour and role bolded whether you are the leader or not). This means that you can only use this power once.
Once you use your power you cannot be usurped as leader until the start of the next round unless the other Nazi uses their power after you. You remain leader in the next round (unless you change rooms) but can be usurped as normal.

Enforcer - once per round, you may PM your role to two players (make sure to post both your role and color bolded). You must say to your target players, "You MUST reveal your card to one another." Those two players must co-reveal to one another (not you). You can NOT use this power on yourself, but another Enforcer can use their power on you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edna Lindebury
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
12 players have signed up, which means the rounds will have the following number of player swaps:

Round 1: 2 players
Round 2: 2 players
Round 3: 2 players
Round 4: 1 player
Round 5: 1 player

ROUND #1
Command Post
JarekWarsaw
nolemonplease
ThaPauly
talusproteus -›
Vanderscamp -›
whirlingdervish
Bunker
Azgard12
itsbrianyay
clydeiii
‹- mmazala
‹- mfl134
slinkydink

ROUND #2
Command Post
JarekWarsaw
nolemonplease -›
ThaPauly -›
whirlingdervish
mmazala
mfl134
Bunker
Azgard12
itsbrianyay
‹- clydeiii
slinkydink
Vanderscamp
‹- talusproteus

ROUND #3
Command Post
JarekWarsaw
whirlingdervish
mmazala
mfl134 -›
clydeiii
talusproteus -›
Bunker
‹- Azgard12
itsbrianyay
‹- slinkydink
Vanderscamp
nolemonplease
ThaPauly

ROUND #4
Command Post
JarekWarsaw
whirlingdervish
mmazala -›
clydeiii
Azgard12
SlinkyDink
Bunker
itsbrianyay
Vanderscamp
nolemonplease
ThaPauly
mfl134
‹- talusproteus

ROUND #5
Command Post
JarekWarsaw -›
whirlingdervish
clydeiii
Azgard12
SlinkyDink
talusproteus
Bunker
itsbrianyay
Vanderscamp
nolemonplease
ThaPauly
‹- mfl134
mmazala

GAME END
BOOM!
Command Post
whirlingdervish
clydeiii
Azgard12
SlinkyDink
talusproteus
mfl134
Bunker
itsbrianyay
Vanderscamp
nolemonplease
ThaPauly
mmazala
Jarekwarsaw

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edna Lindebury
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game State / Results - all times in BGG (CST) time

Sunday 6:07pm: Role pms sent, mod finished messing up clarifications, Round #1 begins
2R1B PBF#6: The Bunker - Round #1
2R1B PBF#6: The Command Post - Round #1

mfl134 and mmazala to the Command Post
Vanderscamp and talusproteus to the Bunker

Monday 3:00pm: Round #2 begins
2R1B PBF#6: The Bunker - Round #2
2R1B PBF#6: The Command Post - Round #2

clydeiii and talusproteus to the Command Post
nolemonplease and ThaPauly to the Bunker

Tuesday 3:00pm: Round #3 begins
2R1B PBF#6: The Bunker - Round #3
2R1B PBF#6: The Command Post - Round #3

Azgard12 and SlinkyDink to the Command Post
mfl134 and talusproteus to the Bunker

Wednesday 3:30pm: Round #4 begins
2R1B PBF#6: The Bunker - Round #4
2R1B PBF#6: The Command Post - Round #4

talusproteus to the Command Post
mmazala to the Bunker

Thursday 3:00pm: Round #5 begins
2R1B PBF#6: The Bunker - Round #5
2R1B PBF#6: The Command Post - Round #5

mfl134 to the Command Post
Jarekwarsaw to the Bunker

Friday 3:00pm: Game ends

Red team wins.

Roles:

COMMAND POST

Azgard12 - Blue Medic
Talusproteus - Blue Nazi
SlinkyDink - Bomber
clydeiii - Engineer
WhirlingDervish - Red Enforcer
mfl134 - President

BUNKER
itsbrianyay - Red Nazi
nolemonplease - Red Medic
mmazala - Red Gorgon
Vanderscamp - Doctor
ThaPauly - Blue Enforcer
Jarekwarsaw - Blue Gorgon

Bomb was armed Round #2
President got his pills Round #4

The only people that ended the game stoned were both Medics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edna Lindebury
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wanted to post this mod announcement I made in Round #3 here so everyone has a chance to see it.

ErintheRed wrote:
Mod Announcement

Given that we have set deadlines in PBF and our current roleset (namely the Nazis and Enforcers), people might be inclined to try and pull shenanigans right before the deadline so the other team has no time to react before round end. I would definitely recommend being around and paying attention near the end of the round if this happens and if it does I'll give a reasonable pause before ending the round to give people a chance to respond to what happens as in real life it's pretty impossible to coordinate something like that with such accuracy that the other team wouldn't be able to respond if they were ready for it.

However, in the case that you cannot be around at round's end, I will allow either Nazi to post in the forum: I am the (insert color) Nazi. If the other Nazi uses their power before the end of this round, I would like to use my power in turn and have put in conditional orders for who I'd like transferred to the mod (or something along those lines, just make sure you post your role and color and send in orders/let others know you have; as always they can be public orders if you like).

I can't really control what happens with Enforcers, so I definitely recommend being around if you think something's going to go down, but I will allow this regarding Nazis unless the idea is met with pretty unanimous hatred. Please PM me with your thoughts on this idea if you hate it. If everyone seems okay with it, I'll post these details in the main thread for this game.

There's been talk about limiting whispers in some way. I thought that a limited number of whispers each player has for the entire game would be the best way to go if we go with any. The number of whispers can be based on whisper/round numbers (as I have in the poll below), but I think an overall limit is better than per round as it allows more flexibility.

Poll
This poll is in regards to a limitation on the total number of whispers you can do in the game (across all rounds).
What kind of whisper limitations would you like to see?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
None
40.0% 4
Soft limit (you CAN exceed it, but SHOULD be mindful of it)
40.0% 4
Hard limit (you CANNOT exceed it)
20.0% 2
Voters 10
If you want a limitation, how many whispers should be allowed?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
12.5% 1
50.0% 4
0.0% 0
37.5% 3
Voters 8
This poll is now closed.   10 answers
Poll created by ErintheRed
Closes: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:00 am

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edna Lindebury
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to make sure everyone sees and understands my ruling on what Mike brought up about the Gorgon and "stoned" players over in the Waiting Room.

mfl134 wrote:
If you make a vote and then become stoned, do you have to remove the vote, or can it be assumed the vote was made prior to being stoned?

My answer is no, you do not have to rescind a vote you made for leader if you become "stoned" after making it. You can rescind it if you want to, but if you rescind the vote you will not be able to make another one until you are no longer "stoned."

So basically if you make a vote for leader and become "stoned" after making the vote you can either let it stand for the rest of the round or rescind it. You cannot change it and your vote will not carry over to the next round (since voting starts anew at round end).

Sound good to everybody?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edna Lindebury
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to be sending out PMs shortly. Given the poll results so far, I'm not going to impose a whisper limit, but encourage everyone to be mindful of how much you're whispering and maybe even keep track on your own just for fun? Maybe even aim for a soft limit of ~30 unless you really just don't care at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edna Lindebury
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, a note per the Bomber/Engineer and President/Doctor. I think I'm going to change the descriptions above but that won't change the descriptions sent in PMs and I want to be clear.

The Bomber must co-reveal with the Engineer for the bomb to go off (otherwise it fizzles). If they do not and the Bomber ends the game in the same room as the President, Red Team does not necessarily win.

The President must co-reveal with the Doctor to get his pills or he has a heart attack and will die. If they do not and the President ends the game in the room the Bomber is not in, Blue Team still does not win.

Red team wins if the bomb does not fizzle and the President dies (either by being in the same room as an armed bomb or by not co-revealing with the Doctor and getting his pills).

Blue team wins if the President does not die (by co-revealing with the Doctor and either being in the opposite room from an exploding bomb, or by being in the same room as a bomb that fizzles).

And if Bomber does not co-reveal with the Engineer and the President does not co-reveal with the Doctor, nobody wins.

Edit: This post should now be 100% accurate. You can PM me if you need more clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
ErintheRed wrote:
Also, a note per the Bomber/Engineer and President/Doctor. I think I'm going to change the descriptions above but that won't change the descriptions sent in PMs and I want to be clear.

The Bomber must co-reveal with the Engineer for the bomb to go off. If they do not and the Bomber ends the game in the same room as the President, Red Team still does not win.

The President must co-reveal with the Doctor to get his pills or he have a heart attack and will die. If they do not and the President ends the game in the room the Bomber is not in, Blue Team still does not win.

Red Team must blow up the President with the bomb to win.

Blue Team must have their president live (i.e. not get blown up or have a heart attack) to win.

If the President does not co-reveal with the Doctor and the Bomber does not co-reveal with the Engineer, neither team can win.

So we aren't going with the designers ruling?

If president meet doctor and engineer doesn't meet the bomber, blue wins and vice versa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edna Lindebury
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
ErintheRed wrote:

The Bomber must co-reveal with the Engineer for the bomb to go off. If they do not and the Bomber ends the game in the same room as the President, Red Team still does not win.

The President must co-reveal with the Doctor to get his pills or he have a heart attack and will die. If they do not and the President ends the game in the room the Bomber is not in, Blue Team still does not win.

Red Team must blow up the President with the bomb to win.

Blue Team must have their president live (i.e. not get blown up or have a heart attack) to win.

If the President does not co-reveal with the Doctor and the Bomber does not co-reveal with the Engineer, neither team can win.

So we aren't going with the designers ruling?

If president meet doctor and engineer doesn't meet the bomber, blue wins and vice versa.

I was going off of this post as I thought that was the ruling: http://boardgamegeek.com/article/11002439#11002439. I see Alan's post a couple down but it is longer and far more confusing to me. Point me to a more official ruling and I'll be happy to change it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edna Lindebury
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, so I thought he was just expanding on what was said earlier... my bad.

Let's see if I can change this to the correct thing and not fuck it up again, haha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ErintheRed wrote:

The Bomber must co-reveal with the Engineer for the bomb to go off (otherwise it fizzles). If they do not and the Bomber ends the game in the same room as the President, Red Team does not necessarily win.

Red team wins if the bomb does not fizzle and the President dies (either by being in the same room as the Bomber or by not co-revealing with the Doctor and getting his pills).

Blue team wins if the President does not die (by co-revealing with the Doctor and either being in the opposite room from an exploding bomb, or by being in the same room as a bomb that fizzles).

Edit: This post has been changed from its original post as I messed it up.

Yes, and if neither team meets their match, then both lose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edna Lindebury
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
ErintheRed wrote:

Red team wins if the bomb does not fizzle and the President dies (either by being in the same room as the Bomber or by not co-revealing with the Doctor and getting his pills).

Just added that last bit

WHEW. Anyways, any more problems, PLEASE let me know. I will fix them even if I have to edit posts like 10 times to do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ErintheRed wrote:
mfl134 wrote:
ErintheRed wrote:

Just added that last bit :)

WHEW. Anyways, any more problems, PLEASE let me know. I will fix them even if I have to edit posts like 10 times to do so.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edna Lindebury
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Btw, thanks Mike. I was so excited to send out PM's I didn't really think about what I wrote earlier. Everything else should be good to go as I quintuple checked everyone's roles and rooms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
Do votes for a leader "clear" after a round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nolemonplease wrote:

absolutely...(I would hope)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
nolemonplease wrote:

I would think so too. Just wanted to clarify.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edna Lindebury
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nolemonplease wrote:
mfl134 wrote:
nolemonplease wrote:

I would think so too. Just wanted to clarify.

They do. I actually posted so in the errata above about the Gorgon and being stoned (I don't mess everything up!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Next trip: Sacramento!
badge
Phelanpt Feb 11, 2:15 PM: evils have mostly stood by and watch goods fall. except for emme. she's spinning them round and round.
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay. My dream last night:

I opened the door to my hotel room and discovered that my roommates for my family reunion were Clyde, Brady, and my brother. At the time I did not think that was strange. I said hi, dropped off my luggage, and went to a rowdy dinner at Applebees with my grandmother and piles of loud, outspoken cousins. When I returned to the hotel room, I found Clyde and Brady asleep and intimately spooning on the bed. Clyde was clutching Brady and Brady was grabbing a pillow. How did I know it was them? Their faces were their avatars.

How I felt about the whole thing: confused but also very amused. Also wondering if this dream means I should play less 2R1B ...

... nah.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So what is the point and/or problem with getting stoned?

As is, it seems like it's the mildest of annoyances and only would cause major problems Round 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't usurp. Stone the other team and take control of both rooms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nolemonplease wrote:

...That's not the way I think some are taking it. So, if someone tries to usurp and there are 6 people in the room, will they need 3 votes if there's a stoned member on the opposing side, or 4?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Azgard12 wrote:
nolemonplease wrote:

...That's not the way I think some are taking it. So, if someone tries to usurp and there are 6 people in the room, will they need 3 votes if there's a stoned member on the opposing side, or 4?

No, I think this was clearly clarified earlier. Looking around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.