Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Needful to know: "Secrecy 2 Action: Raise your threat by 1 to look at the top card of the encounter deck. Then, reduce your threat by X, where X is the threat of that card."

I assume, if I look at the top encounter card with "Needful to know" and find a card

a) with X threat,
b) a treachery card,

it is counted as threat zero?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M.
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct for the treachery, but for a card with x threat, I believe you would calculate x as directed on the card. So if x is number of players in the game, and there are two players, you would reduce your threat by two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, wasn't there a decision, that card texts may not be applied, as long as a card is neither revealed nor comes into play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M.
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You know, I'm not sure. Taking a quick look through the faq and rule book I didn't see any rulings stating that, but that just means it could be floating out there instead.

I have not used the card in a deck before, so I have never had this question come up. It might be worth submitting to FFG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC, because the card's not in play (it's just the printed threat being looked at), any constant that defines X isn't in play and doesn't take effect, which means the X is treated as a 0.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.