Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven R
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
How are the Major Powers to be played if there are only 2, 3 or 4 players. Play more than one power...leave them out...or make them neutral? Just curious...?

Anyone know what colors will represent each nation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn von Knorring
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
The picture is a swedish cartoon-figure Herman Hedning. English info here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herman_Hedning
mbmbmbmbmb
Most probably one player will control more than one nation down to where one players plays Central powers & one plays the Allies. I don´t think any countries will be left out.

You can get some ideas for the different colours in WoTC promo flier:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/913000/aa-1914-promotion...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Impeachment time
mbmbmbmbmb
In the other version of A&A you have players run multiple nations.

Two players: one player gets the Allies the other gets the Central Powers.
With a three player game I would have one player take the Central Powers, one take Russia and the last player take the Western Allies.
Four players will probably split the Central Powers with one taking Germany and A-H and Turkey for the second player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hanson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The colors chosen are... interesting...

France is blue, Germany is grey, Russia is brown, USA is dark green. These are traditional for this time period.

UK is sort of a really light yellow/green, not great but ok. Italy is burnt orange, also fine.

Then we get the weird ones. Austria is sort of a medium lime green and the Ottoman Empire is a Turquoise color. Both of these seem very ugly from a first look but the Austrians probably look the worst out of all 8 powers.

Partly I think I'm spoiled by the color choices used in Paths of Glory which I think are perfect.

The minor powers will all be represented by major power pieces so nothing unusual there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Williams
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hansolo88 wrote:

...Partly I think I'm spoiled by the color choices used in Paths of Glory which I think are perfect.

Yeah, I think the same thing about Paths of Glory. White for Austria-Hungary and a gold for Ottomans in A&A 1914 would have been safer choices.

OK, here is my gripe: I wish they would have stuck with the roundels for national markings. I can see it now, I will be constantly rotating other people's national marking tokens on the map because they have the French and Italian frags backwards because, you know, those things bother some of the more excessive compulsive gamers like myself. robot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mundane wrote:
In the other version of A&A you have players run multiple nations.

Two players: one player gets the Allies the other gets the Central Powers.
With a three player game I would have one player take the Central Powers, one take Russia and the last player take the Western Allies.
Four players will probably split the Central Powers with one taking Germany and A-H and Turkey for the second player.

I would think that unless 8 players are playing, the person playing Russia also plays the US
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.