Chips Reynolds
United States
Lake Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Go see it.

Hilarious randomness.

At first I thought maybe it was going to be like all the dumb pointless comedies that mock other movies and genres. But I was wrong and pleasantly surprised by the comedy of it all.

Just go see it. Don't expect a movie with a deep interesting plot. Expect a movie with ridiculous and genius comedic moments throughout.

Enjoy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott B
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Djcheddar wrote:
Go see it.

Hilarious randomness.

At first I thought maybe it was going to be like all the dumb pointless comedies that mock other movies and genres. But I was wrong and pleasantly surprised by the comedy of it all.

Just go see it. Don't expect a movie with a deep interesting plot. Expect a movie with ridiculous and genius comedic moments throughout.

Enjoy

Question: how well does the commercial exemplify the movie?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chips Reynolds
United States
Lake Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Landstander wrote:
Djcheddar wrote:
Go see it.

Hilarious randomness.

Enjoy

The trailer to me, made the movie seem confusing. But when you see the movie, it makes the trailer seem more honest because ultimately, the movie has a plot with plenty of random segments, which the trailer seems to show, but you aren't to expect the trailer to make sense after seeing the movie. If that makes sense...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Djcheddar wrote:
the movie has a plot with plenty of random segments,

The movie does have a plot? So it's not just a collection of random vignettes like Amazon Women on the Moon or Kentucky Fried Movie?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First time I overheard the end of the trailer I thought "trash". Then actually WATCHED the trailer and found myself finding it funny. This was backed up by some decent actors in it.

So I shall go and see it. I love random.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chips Reynolds
United States
Lake Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skelebone wrote:
Djcheddar wrote:

The movie does have a plot? So it's not just a collection of random vignettes like Amazon Women on the Moon or Kentucky Fried Movie?

Idk, never seen either honestly.

When I say it has a "plot", there is a underlying story behind the segments. The plot is not deep, but its something that gives it a little backbone.

Really, it is just a funny movie for people who enjoy random ridiculousness without being corny
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chips Reynolds
United States
Lake Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HamsterOfFury wrote:
First time I overheard the end of the trailer I thought "trash". Then actually WATCHED the trailer and found myself finding it funny. This was backed up by some decent actors in it.

So I shall go and see it. I love random.

The cast was what made the movie work. Solid actors with strong performances
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
I'm glad it was funny.

Because the (extended) commercial I saw for it made it look like possibly the least funny thing ever committed to film.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skelebone wrote:
Djcheddar wrote:

A friend of mine saw it and said it was similar to Amazon Women on the Moon in that there is a loose central plot that directs you to all the film shorts. Something about kids looking for banned videos on the internet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chips Reynolds
United States
Lake Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
charlieturtle wrote:
skelebone wrote:
Djcheddar wrote:

A friend of mine saw it and said it was similar to Amazon Women on the Moon in that there is a loose central plot that directs you to all the film shorts. Something about kids looking for banned videos on the internet.

hmm.. that doesn't sound very humorous...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott B
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
fightcitymayor wrote:
I'm glad it was funny.

Because the (extended) commercial I saw for it made it look like possibly the least funny thing ever committed to film.

This. Exactly this. Besides, why go see a movie like this in the theater? Is the theater experience necessary? It is, ostensibly, a comedy, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott B
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Djcheddar wrote:
Landstander wrote:
Djcheddar wrote:
Go see it.

Hilarious randomness.

Enjoy

The trailer to me, made the movie seem confusing. But when you see the movie, it makes the trailer seem more honest because ultimately, the movie has a plot with plenty of random segments, which the trailer seems to show, but you aren't to expect the trailer to make sense after seeing the movie. If that makes sense...

Ok, you answered the question I asked, but not the question I meant to ask. Is the movie as funny as the trailer? Are the jokes in the trailer representative overall of the jokes in the movie?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chips Reynolds
United States
Lake Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Landstander wrote:
Djcheddar wrote:
Landstander wrote:
Djcheddar wrote:
Go see it.

Hilarious randomness.

Enjoy

Ok, you answered the question I asked, but not the question I meant to ask. Is the movie as funny as the trailer? Are the jokes in the trailer representative overall of the jokes in the movie?

Oh yeah. The blowing out the blind kids candles part, had other dares as well.

There is a homeschooling segment that was hilarious!

And so much more.

iBabe. Don't fuck it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott B
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Djcheddar wrote:
Landstander wrote:
Djcheddar wrote:
Landstander wrote:
Djcheddar wrote:
Go see it.

Hilarious randomness.

Enjoy

And so much more.

iBabe. Don't fuck it.

Thank you. With this confirmation, I can virtually guarantee I will never voluntarily watch this movie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chips Reynolds
United States
Lake Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Landstander wrote:
Djcheddar wrote:
Landstander wrote:
Djcheddar wrote:
Landstander wrote:
Djcheddar wrote:
Go see it.

Hilarious randomness.

Enjoy

And so much more.

iBabe. Don't fuck it.

Thank you. With this confirmation, I can virtually guarantee I will never voluntarily watch this movie.

You're welcome.

Enjoy the sleepless nights wondering if you made the correct decision or not!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.